Managing Deltas / Hedging Frequency

Discussion in 'Options' started by Magic, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Magic

Magic

Thanks for the feedback TBS.

Having something to trade against vega sounds like a good idea, since then I could size up and extract more value from the opportunity I’m trying to target. Will have to start thinking about how I can locate “cheaper” risk to trade against my positions and what that would look like. I have bought VIX futures and also shorted ES against my -vega depending what looks good but I’m sure I can expand to more areas.

About short vol as a strategy, I haven’t ventured into SN’s, usually short index vol—but I did create sizing parameters and analysis of expected reward/risk for holding the risk at any time. I’m short more than half the time but have parameters to forecast when RV most likely to outpace IV. It beats risk adj. returns from buy & hold equity decently so at least an improvement from where I came from.

But for sure want to continue refining; I know there’re even better ways to utilize capital than still carrying such a large risk budget in order to collect yield over time. I have a one pretty efficient trade I’ll divert capital to when it comes around but still on the prowl for more ideas to be able to have better trades on more frequently.

#31     May 15, 2019