Managed Account Setup in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by brianhclo, Jul 3, 2014.

1. so you shouldnt be trading thru a hk ltd

#11     Dec 13, 2018
  2. That is impossible to judge without some vital missing information.

#12     Dec 13, 2018
  3. writser

writser

I tried to look up for this sort of exemption under SFO. But I wasn't able to find anything. Can you please check for the specifics and let us know here? Would be of great help! Thanks!

Since its just friends and family, I think an easier option would be get a POA on their brokerage accounts and invoice them separately through an offshore company. IB HK currently allows up to 5 accounts on their Friends & Family platform in Hong Kong. But you cannot charge any fee to those accounts.

#13     Oct 17, 2019
  4. A year or so back I recall that Friends account website stated it wasn't available to IBHK, but don't see it anymore. IBHK confirmed that following doesn't apply here? I just feel that charging a fee separately instead of netting makes collection very troublesome and outright difficult.

Friends and Family Account Structure
    A master account linked to individual client accounts.
    • The master account is used for fee collection and trade allocations

Also cannot identify any relevant exemptions besides possibly the Individual Professional Investors with $HK8mn+ which looks cumbersome to document (certified by a custodian or accountant? arghh..) https://www.charltonslaw.com/legal/...-license/Professional-Investor-Definition.pdf

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    #14     Oct 17, 2019
    Dicer likes this.
  5. Dicer

Dicer

professional advisors.

one of the definitions: having more than 8 million HKD cash

#15     Feb 3, 2021