Man Tries to Break Into WARREN Buffett's Home

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by HedgefundTrader2, Sep 6, 2007.

1. According to WIKIPEDIA:

Warren Buffet does NOt carry a cell phone, does NOT owns a computer and drives his own car!

#51     Sep 8, 2007

2. That is obvious. The guy is a miser. A cheapskate. He probably goes to Swap meets and garage sales to pick up his belongings.
    He doesn't own a cell phone ( probably trying to save cell charges) and a computer ( everything is kept in his head) and drives his own car ( trying to save a salary for a driver). LOL.

#52     Sep 8, 2007
  3. Whatever he owns , he drives himself! At the age of 76 not pulling to halt at the stop signs can be hazardous to your health.

#53     Sep 8, 2007

4. Larry Ellison is a class act. He isn't Jewish.

#54     Sep 8, 2007
  5. I love burdock (assuming it's the same as in japanese cuisine). Makes me fart like a mofo though.

#55     Sep 8, 2007

6. Larry Ellison probably has a collar on his stock. Sold a number of OTM calls and buying puts in exchange for credits. All these guys have collars. They sleep fine.

Warren Buffet does NOT have a collar on his stock, since its not Optionable. So if that BRK.A tanks it takes him out to the boon docks in a hurry. He will be holding an empty bag.

#56     Sep 8, 2007
  7. rickty

rickty

Let's just say that I like Coke (which I don't), I would however drink something else that I liked which was much healthier for me. The first thing that comes to mind is pure fruit or vegetable juices. (Have you noticed that you hardly find any pineapple juice being sold these days?) Unfortunately, in the US food or drink of good nutritional value is relatively expensive.

#57     Sep 8, 2007
  8. They are happy in a cheap sort of way. Accumulating wealth and never having to use it. Some kind of deep seated oddball ways to live.

At least I have a cell phone and computer , Warren Buffet doesn't. I also have a partime chauffer that drives me when I need him, Warren Buffet doesn't.

Oh one more thing, I make 6-9% consistent monthly returns that translates into 73% to 96% a year, while the most Warren Buffet does is 20-30% a year.

This fact alone bothers me a lot. Why me like that ?

#58     Sep 8, 2007
  9. sim03

sim03

Just keep it up for 20-30 years while living like a cheapskate (better lose that part-time chauffeur), and you, too, could be a billionaire. Or at least able to retire semi-comfortably some time before you turn 65.

#59     Sep 8, 2007
  10. There are lots of people who make 6-9% returns in options business, this is not strange and abnormal. It comes after lots of trials and tribulation and self control. What puzzles me why Warren Buffets and value investors only make 20-30% returns a year? Why? Even an ordinary mutual funds like PRLAX, MALTX does better than Warren Buffet

#60     Sep 8, 2007