Man Tries to Break Into WARREN Buffett's Home

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by HedgefundTrader2, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Man Tries to Break Into Buffett's Home
    Thursday September 6, 1:59 pm ET
    Police Say Man With Fake Gun Tried to Break Into Warren Buffett's Ungated Omaha Home

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) -- A man with camouflage paint on his face and a fake gun tried to break into to billionaire Warren Buffett's house but fled after a scuffle with a security guard, police said Thursday.

------

Tell me why would world's 2nd richest man live in an improper and unsuitable house? I am just surprised they have not kidnapped him all these years and held him for ransom money.

I bet the world's richest man drives a beat up 1969 Buick Electra all by himself, and doesn't pulls to a complete halt on stop signs?

2. Daal

Daal

because he is a cheap ass(not a joke)

3. AMEN!

4. Dude, its a 9000 square foot house. Its not exactly a shack.

5. This had to be the "DUMBEST" person on earth. Anybody want to wager when they catch the person?

Akuma

6. I wonder what the thief wanted to steal, Buffett's famous ham and cheese sandwich?

7. Amen....

8. wabrew

wabrew

Not. His house is just a simple 3-4000 sq ft house that is tucked into the old part of town - His lot can't be more than 15,000 sq ft.

If you drove by it you could not ID it between all the other $250 - $500,000 homes in that area. When we first moved back to Omaha I lived in a 900 sq. ft. duplex on 55th and Howard that is just 3 blocks from him.

9. I'm just going by what Forbes says http://www.forbes.com/2001/09/28/0928home_3.html
    Omaha, Neb.
    Asking Price: $3 million

This 9,000-square-foot, three-story house built in 1995 has five bedrooms and eight bathrooms. The two-acre property has a swimming pool, two hot tubs, and a five-car garage. Deb Cizek of Prudential Ambassador Real Estate in Omaha has the listing.

10. Dude you live near Warren Buffet? Awesome. Can you drive by his house and post a picture of his house? Lets have a picture of Warren Buffets house.

If anyone has a picture of Warren Buffets house its great. I bet he goes to the same barber, he is been going for 55 years just downtown on Elm Street?

#10     Sep 6, 2007