Man, Trading Is Depressing Now; No Energy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 10, 2008.

1. This is the volatility that we all super traders live for:D

#21     Jul 10, 2008
  2. Oh boy, do we have a smart ass here! Thanks for letting us know, Mr. Obvious!!!

#22     Jul 10, 2008
  3. piezoe

piezoe

ByLo, I understand what you are saying, if you were not short earlier and had the conviction and deep pockets to hold through many mini-squeezes you could easily feel that you have missed out on golden opportunities. However i find this market quite lovely. Think of it this way: trading opportunities abound, and as each day passes the opportunities for long term profits grow. I have been selling puts at outrageous prices and am happy to lap up anything i get assigned. I sold UCBH Dec 2.5 puts for 0.50 the other day and today FTO made a double bottom and I sold some puts. But still keeping boodles of cash on the sidelines in my investment accounts so that i can rush headlong into the long side when we finally get that wave of panic capitulation selling down to 1050 or where ever we land. I don't mind if i'm in at the absolute bottom. Be patient, you'll have the last laugh. Remember we are exempt from the public relations constraints of the big funds and the stupid actions of the twenty something fund managers. We can gorge on bargains all over the place.

I love this market! Haven't seen opportunity like this since the 2000 crash, and before we are done i'll likely be able to say "not in my lifetime". THIS MARKET ROCKS!!!

#23     Jul 10, 2008
  4. That may have been true when you posted, but I bet that last hour got you.

#24     Jul 10, 2008
  5. If it's so obvious Then quit bellyaching and whining because you are losing money dumbass.

#25     Jul 10, 2008
  6. The only thing I am whining about is your arrogant hubris!

#26     Jul 10, 2008
  7. Then quit whining no one wants to listen to a whiner.

#27     Jul 10, 2008
  8. I have great confidence that anyone that thinks this is easy trading will be busted out in good time.

#28     Jul 10, 2008

9. I agree if this was easy everyone would do it.

To the OP Learn how to deal with the ups and downs of this business. Good times and bad times will come and go. When times get tough if you don't deal with the emotions you can ruin relationships with family and friends. Better luck to you trading

#29     Jul 10, 2008
  10. dsq

dsq

Im pretty burnt from the last 2 weeks...im up maybe 15$.
    I focus on mostly 1 stock : T.
    I shorted bac yesterday and played KO and GE a few times this week but Ive been doing 5-7 round trips daily with T and it doesnt matter how much focus you got things just reverse or implode on ou with all this volatility.Im only trading 300-400 shares because im trying to keep risk down.At the same time my profits are low as well as my losses.It hasnt been very productive trading this market.I wanted to be in because i fugured a big rally was near but nada.The bad news jsut keeps piling on.Maybe this time it really IS different!

#30     Jul 10, 2008