Man, Trading Is Depressing Now; No Energy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Focus, yes.

That is what I'm definitely lacking.

This market is insane, though. I mean, it's Charles Manson crazy.

#11     Jul 10, 2008
  2. This market is FANTASTIC. You are just on the wrong side of it. My returns have been phenomenal since last spring when I began shorting the builders and financials, mortgage co's Thornburg, countrywide, fannie freddie, etc etc etc. I am still short them and working this bear market correctly. Oh happy days!!!

#12     Jul 10, 2008
  3. Did you read his post? BuyLo specifically referred (at least in my understanding) to the seemingly random swings in the market in the last 3-4 days.

Has nothing to do with being on the right side of a trade over 18 months.

#13     Jul 10, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

GE is the MARKET MOVER for tomorrow.....

either back to $29+ or below $25.

#14     Jul 10, 2008
  5. astral

astral

Why don't you debrief at points of confusion? This market you speak of, has done perfectly what It had to do. I'm refining my patterns, and believe this or not, the market always follows my patterns.

Here's the clue: Pace. The market moves always in the same fashion, yet pace is the one that wipshaws guys like you.

The patterns I'm developing work best for the YM(for the moment) because it moves SO SMOOTH.

Today, the entire day, price was following my patterns...to the tick. Believe this or not. it time you wake up, and actually LEARN.

Start with Spydertrader futures thread to get an idea on how to approach the markets. I do not recommend to fully follow his advice because it's his way of viewing the market. You need to learn to think critically yourself.

Price and volume and trendlines are the holy grail. Get of your butt for once and work, instead of spamming all day long.

This is no rant, I'm just so excited about what I'm finding out after all the hard work:)

#15     Jul 10, 2008
  6. makloda is right; because I didn't have correct short positions established some time ago, I feel like I'm going for broke by trying to establish a short entry point now, when there's not much left to be had.

Three examples that others may be thinking about (so I'll use them): Lehman, Wachovia and Toll.

They're just obliterated. Some traders may have a high degree of confidence shorting them down successfully another 15% or 20%, but I can't seem to get my head around that, and comfortably enter that trade now, given the 'lateness' to the game - that's even assuming that I have some degree of confidence their fundamentals are still toxic.

But some of the other comments are absolutely correct, too. I need to shrug off the gravitational draw of intellectual laziness, do the work, and run the proper screens and devise a new thesis, that's current, as to what's likely to work going forward, and forget about the past.

Thinking of profits I should've, could've, would've is an albatross around my neck at times.

#16     Jul 10, 2008
  7. It doesn't have anything to do with being on the right side of the market the last 18 months?????I guess you really didn't understand what he was saying.........

Here's what he said try reading it again.""""I'm not losing coin, but feel like I missed a ton of opportunity to short much of what's already way down."""""""

Is English a second language for you?

#17     Jul 10, 2008
  8. There is PLENTY of opportunity to short this ongoing bear market. Tons of opportunity. Tons. Opportunities to enter long positions for swing trades.
    It's a Traders market and if you aren't savvy enough to take advantage of it ....don't.

#18     Jul 10, 2008
  9. This market is putting in a short term bottom this whole week. Tomorrow (Friday) should have some huge upside as GE comes out with earnings and shorts cover. Today you could see the longs loading up into every selloff.

#19     Jul 10, 2008
  10. eagle

eagle

Eureka! We found the hidden cause responsible for failure.

#20     Jul 10, 2008