Man makes 50k like it was nothing. You 2 can be a pro

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by stock777, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Yep. And unfortunately this kind of story gives those looking to find blame ammo for nailing us all with a huge trading tax. These bozos are seen as a plague on the system, not simply as liquidity and grease for the market, as 90% of these cowboyz eventually fail and donate all of their money.

#11     Jan 27, 2009
  2. 100K swings show how these guys have no money management.

#12     Jan 27, 2009
  3. fhl

fhl

There are some folks on here talking trash about these guys that don't have a clue.

These guys started at broadway trading back in the day and have been killing it ever since. The brother, Serge, was on the cover of Forbes magazine back then.

They get it, you don't.

#13     Jan 27, 2009
  4. ganesh6

ganesh6

INteresting article :)

#14     Jan 27, 2009
  5. Pope Benedict had a stroke before he became the pope. You 2 can become the pope if you have a stroke. :)

#15     Jan 27, 2009
  6. great killing. He seems way too emotional though. That cant be good for his health.

I know for S&P futures its best to offset at end of day. However, for what i trade, usually when a strong range breaks, itll usually continue for another day or so.

Those r what i live for. Even with a home run, im never satisfied as there r areas of that trade that could of been improved.

#16     Jan 27, 2009
  7. LOL Broadway Trading. I remember the days of that shop.

Straight up gamblers.

That article is funny. Seems to be the same gambling mentality with balls to the wall trading approach. Take a large position, then scream at the screen about how the price should move up.

#17     Jan 27, 2009
  8. Money management is easy when you're moving a few thousand shares. Try trading real size and you will see that sometimes it's not that easy to take small losses when you're on the wrong side of a move.

#18     Jan 27, 2009

9. I don't think that trader "killed it" at all. Like I said before , 500k from Sept-Nov (the most volatile period in the history of U.S. markets) is nice, but hardly "killing it".

Some guys made enough trading those 3 months to never have to worry about money again (8 figures).

#19     Jan 27, 2009
  10. Furthermore, I dont see how a 100k swing in a 2m+ account show that they dont have money management. Thats around a 5% loss.

There isnt always a close place to put a stop when u r trying to trade a pattern.

One has to give the market enough room because even with a small break of support or resistance it might bounce back before making a bigger break.

Sometimes there are false breakouts and those r the ones that can hurt and thats the risk one has to take.

Sure, the way he trades, hes gonna take 100k losses here and there. However, when it goes his way, he is aggressive and that makes up for all his losses + a lot more.

Well, he probably has a lot more areas he can improve in with money management but his performance has shown that he is not completely incapable in that area or else he would have blown his account long ago.

#20     Jan 27, 2009