Man Financial wins bid for Refco

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Ebo, Nov 10, 2005.

1. There was this 80 + year old priest and the church in their wisdom decided that he should "retire".

They send a young, freshly graduated priest to take over from him.

The young priest duly arrived and told the old one that he was ready to take over and that the old priest could now take it easier.

"Hold on son" said the old priest. "I know all the people in this neighbourhood with their secrets and little ways and know exactly how to handle them".
    "Let me introduce you to them and let the people get used to you over the coming three months and then I'll go knowing they will be in your good hands".

"OK father" said the young priest.

Some days later both of them jumped on their pushbikes to go to a wedding. The sun was baking hot. And as they were cycling next to a river the water reflected the heat even more.

The old priest looked at his watch, jumped of his pushbike, took of his black robe and dived starkers in the river.
    "Father" exclaimed the young priest, "Thou cannot do that"

"Son" was the reply "Adam and Eve did not have clothes in the garden of Eden. They were one with nature."

"But" muttered the young priest "but...."

"There is only the two of us here, so do not be afraid" said the old priest. "Its hot and we are sweaty so have a swim and go refreshed to the wedding, it is too hot in those black clothes. Besides we are created in the image of God...".

The young priest could not argue with it being hot and sweaty in the black robe and decided to have a swim too.

They came out, spread out their black robes and lie down on them.

They dozed off.

Suddenly they woke up and there was mother with her nuns, they were on their way to the same ceremony.

And it was a real treat for the nuns: Not every day they found two naked blokes. So the nuns started to compare the two and which was the better looking one etc. etc. etc.

The old priest had jumped up and put his robe around his waist, unable to dress himslef properly in a hurry.

After a while the nuns trod off and he looked around. There was the young priest with the robe around his head. His HEAD?????

"Are you insane?" asked the old priest...

"Have they really gone?" asked the young one...

"Yeah, but what is this circus with your robe around your head?"

Young one takes the robe away from his head and replies " Well I do not know about you, where they recognise you by...."

Moral: depending on your viewpoint there can be several correct outcomes to the same issue although on the surface they may look contradictory.

We all know Refco is a f*&^king mess and it is always easy to say in hindsight "you should have, would have etc...." but it is all water under the bridge.

So guys, cool it will you, we are here not in a dick measuring contest. It does not matter who is right and who is wrong. The big question is only: Do you make money trading and are you looking after your trading capital ?

Have a nice day

psycho analitics

#21     Nov 14, 2005
  2. AMEN !!!

:)

#22     Nov 14, 2005
  3. I agree with you guys that discussion should avoid personal attacks, and should instead focus on trading or some other constructive topic connected to the thread topic. It should not be necessary to engage in repetitive personal attacks, in order to have a healthy educational debate. I have complained to Baron, and I would encourage everybody else to do so as well, so we can stick to talking about things that really matter.

#23     Nov 14, 2005
  4. yes, but YOU are half of the problem!

#24     Nov 14, 2005
  5. Read the threads entitled Refco Account Security, Refco Fallout, and FXCM is Buying RefcoFX.... These will show that I am not half the problem. Please examine the facts before you pass judgment.

#25     Nov 14, 2005
  6. I've already read them as they were being written

#26     Nov 14, 2005
  7. The joke is that neither apex nor rockford trade at all let alone at refco.

#27     Nov 14, 2005
  8. False and irrelevant.

#28     Nov 14, 2005
  9. JR, I know you do not want to hear this but it has to be said because I do not think that you are realising this.

You do not seem to be able to let things rest and walk away from something. It is very, very expensive wanting to be right in the market and it is not a character trait that will stand you in good deed when trading. You may consider to seek some help.

#29     Nov 14, 2005
  10. Cheese

Cheese

Well I don't know if that is right.

jimrockford
    Jim,
    If you are on the side of the righteous, you should keep on saying what you keep on saying.
    :)

#30     Nov 14, 2005