Man cuts off foot to keep receiving unemployment benefits

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Pretty soon, he won't have a leg to stand on if the gangrene spreads too much. :eek: :( :D :p :cool: :) :eek:

#11     Mar 29, 2012
  2. and what can you do with 105 dollars a week, eat dog shit for breakfast lunch and dinner?

I know my friend was getting 500 bucks a week after he got laid off

#12     Mar 29, 2012
  3. what's that got to do with anything??

to answer the question though, it's not a lot of money, but when you are having your rent paid for you as well, you end up getting more than someone who is slaving away doing back breaking work for minimum wage for 40 hrs per week who has to pay their own rent! not to mention all the free time.

#13     Mar 29, 2012
  4. UK does not count. It is a shithole.

#14     Mar 29, 2012
  5. Can't argue with that.
    Just wondered how the system worked in the US.

#15     Mar 29, 2012
  6. sorry, i was not clear enough. i mean comparion to uk is pointless. uk has no real industry. and puling money out of the bum. It is like GS open day having on display products made by GS :)

#16     Mar 29, 2012
  7. They give you alot more money than the UK. I think people get around $2,000 per month for unemployment benefits, you can get the government to pick up a large portion of your rent with HUD. Then because you are considered "poor" you get food stamps so you eat for free. You can get reduced (almost free)utilities. If you work all the angles, you can really rake in the benefits. Free healthcare if you are poor too. If you have no skills, sometimes you actually get more benefits by NOT working than actually working. So you can understand why people here dont want to work. Why work and have your standard of living go down when you can stay home and watch tv all day and have no stress?

#17     Mar 29, 2012
  8. How many of you actually read the link? The OP and his BS is what everyone has come to expect from the typical ill educated rightwinger hoodlum.

#18     Mar 29, 2012