Man bulldozes down his own home due to foreclosure

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wavel, Feb 20, 2010.

1. My nigga. Show the bank whos boss!.

#21     Feb 20, 2010
  2. These walking lard buckets think Palin is a intellectual heavy weight capable of leading.

The walking lard buckets fully deserve what's coming to them. All home schooled to be failures in life.

#22     Feb 21, 2010
  3. The house looks totally made out of wood.

How can it be worth more than several 100K.

Where are the bricks?

#23     Feb 21, 2010
  4. Debaser82 - that's how most homes are made in the US. They are stick frame construction with plywood sheets. Brick is very expensive, so it is usually seen in older homes in older cities or in older homes or if recent construction, very expensive homes, and even then, it is siding, not structural. I'm guessing homes may be made differently in earthquake-prone areas such as California - probably more concrete - someone please correct me here if I'm wrong.

#24     Feb 21, 2010
  5. You guys fucked us over the Falklands war in 1982, so what goes around comes around. Jeane Kirkpatrick actually supported the fucking Argies.!! You also betrayed us over the Suez crisis so I don't really think an American can talk about being a trustworthy or reliable allie?

#25     Feb 21, 2010
  6. fh2000

fh2000

No. I am in California, and I do not see any difference in terms of house building. Bricks crumble easily during earthquake. Wood structures are supposed to be more flexible.

American houses are not just made of woods. They are actually made of paper, think all the walls; and saw dusts, think all the particle boards. A slightest water encounter would cause major damage of your house.

#26     Feb 21, 2010
  7. For a small business that is how all commercial loans I know of are done. Even when incorporated the bank makes you put up your personal assets as collateral. I've know a large contractors who does over $100 million of work a year and his personal assets are on the line with the bonding company and the bank.

#27     Feb 21, 2010
  8. ammo

ammo

the cost of a brick house to construct is only about 10% higher than wood frame, they pour the foundation a little wider, construct a frame house , and the bricklayers set there bricks on the wider foundation and stack em to the roof, instead of wood, vinyl stucco or cement siding, the advantage is lowered heating and cooling costs, and low exterior maintenance

#28     Feb 21, 2010
  9. Concrete and brick are both expensive. Americans celebrate a home older than 100 years, in Europe this is nothing special. Trees are plentiful. Go to downtown LA and there are plenty of concrete blngs., but they are very expensive because they are built on rollers, pads, etc. to deal with earthquakes.

#29     Feb 21, 2010
  10. heypa

heypa

I live in California. My house is cast in place reinforced concrete. Since most of it is covered with earth I believe it to reasonably unlikely to be damaged by a reasonably sized earthquake. Surely it won't burn in a forest fire. Located in the foothills east of Sacramento. The only major thing wrong with my home is that I stupidly built it in California. It will be damn hard to move.

#30     Feb 21, 2010