Man, am I glad I'm a day trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tech Analysis, Oct 20, 2005.

1. I looked at the up day and thought " that is not a reversal, just a nice spot to go short"

maria

#11     Oct 20, 2005
  2. hehe
    actually what I said was common sense

If you think about it

the first day reversal, its called a reversal for a reason, nobody knows its going to be going up, so nobodys going to be preparing to be buying big for the long term on that same day unless they are just momentum players/daytraders.

That and my time machine told me all about this day, which is why I Didn't go long on anything I was prepared to today :D

Nobody knows whats going to happen unless you have one of them machines!

#12     Oct 20, 2005
  3. So let me guess. You didn't make a trade. You missed the runup and the rundown. Now you are on here to do exactly what? Confirm that to others?

1.5% is madness? What about the period between 1999 to 2002 of 3% swings in a day?

What about if you held 100K lot of Lucent and the thing downticked twice.

Face it. Your a wimp. This isn't a game you should be in. Close your account immediately, don't pass Go and put it all in a 4% EmigrantDirect.com Certificate of Deposit.

My god, first a 17 year old kid posting on EliteTrader, now someone who's never seen 1.5% volatility.

I SMELL FEAR.

#13     Oct 20, 2005
  4. Surdo

Surdo

If you did not have one of your TOP trading days either yesterday or today, as far as I am concerned, hang your trading hat up.

#14     Oct 20, 2005
  5. plugger

plugger

Really? I wish i was as smart as you.

#15     Oct 20, 2005

6. Ummm, how long have you been trading? Maybe one year?

Yesterday and today were a dime a dozen back in '99 and 2000 (and many days since). Even this calendar year there have been some really great trading days.

Maybe you had one of your top trading days, and that's great, but let's not get too carried away.

#16     Oct 20, 2005
  7. He's only saying that because he finally got two days right. Just watch, he'll give it all back in the next few days. :D

#17     Oct 20, 2005
  8. yep... two days wouldn't define you as a good or bad trader.

#18     Oct 20, 2005
  9. Casey30

Casey30

If I only made 100 bucks a day I would be saying exactly the same thing. Ha!!!

#19     Oct 20, 2005
  10. kowboy

kowboy

Interesting,

Today I was looking at my trading notes from 2-29-2000 of 4 star plus long term recommendations (from a well known service).

Had one followed the long term hold recommendations about half of the stocks tanked big time in five years. The other half went up maybe 50% or more. Overall a bust and a waste of time, had one followed the long term recommendations.

I'll stick to day trading unless it's a bank or consumer staple high dividend yield stock.

#20     Oct 20, 2005