Man, am I glad I'm a day trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tech Analysis, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Market up 120 points one day now down over a hundred the very next.

Can you imagine long-term investing through all this madness?

And they say short-term traders assume all the risk. :D

2. most long term investors would not haven invested just because of yesterday, yesterday was mostly short coverings / momentum buyers mainly because long term investors probably didn't even see it.

the follow up day, today, is what counts :)

and I guess there was nothing to count today :)

3. There money in the market for daytraders in general. Long term investors would look pass today's and yesterday's number.

4. Another after the fact genius.

5. I agree TA, moving form position trading to day trading, I prefer it. Still very green, but I love to be out of the markets at the end of the day.

6. plugger

plugger

It's funny, the press plays up the dangers of daytrading yet at the end of the day, you're in cash. how is that more risky than investing or position trading?

7. lescor

lescor

Because they don't understand it and can't do it, therefore they bash it. It's human nature, you find that in all things.

8. LOL

9. WRONG..

Bceause daytraders use something called leverage and have a greater tendency to blow up their account much faster than your typical longer term investor.

Daytraders also get eaten up by slippage and commisions and other types of junk fees..

10. Here's the band of daytraders rallying for their existence post!

Its gap time to make them play the chops! :D

#10     Oct 20, 2005