mama vivian's trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by vr82, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vr82

vr82

raising teenage sons by far is the hardest thing ive ever had to do in my life. especially when there was some alchohol and drugs involved. yes my children know of this little bet between me and my husband.

#61     May 23, 2005
  2. lar

lar

======================
    Vivian said:

i didn't do very well today in the area of my disciplin. I was profitable but I didn't follow exit rules. in other words, I got out early. My system is still long probably until the end of the day. I don't like the way I feel for what I did. I didn't follow my rules. I feel like swearing at myself and calling myself a few names.
    Vivian
    ======================

Congratulations about recognizing the importance following your rules. This would be true even if you ended up with more money by not following your rules. Protect your emotional health and don't beat up on yourself. Consider viewing your mistake as simple feedback that sets you back on the course towards being methodical about following your plan. Then move on without emotional baggage. It is best when you get to learn a lesson AND get paid, other lessons will come and it'll costs you. Be prepared to view them as feedback too ~ then move on.

Coffee for today: Simple Starbuck Columbian with French Vanilla creamer and a touch of light cream.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#62     May 23, 2005
  3. vr82

vr82

here is my statement

#63     May 23, 2005
  4. vr82

vr82

tuesday was a hard day to handle especially since i promised myself to not get out of any trade early so i waited till close to the end of the day before I was able to exit. I did get to practice my patience and had a small profit. Im starting to realize that this is a very good profession for stay at home moms. lots of slow times but the only downside is when you have to pull the trigger, you HAVE to pull the trigger NOW.
    Vivian

#64     May 24, 2005
  5. wow are now feeling comfortable with

a max position of 25 contracts ?

gosh .. .I do not know if I will end up doing this

size ... I remember a yr or so ago doing 5-10

nq minis and needing to go to the bathroom

at times ... I felt better after reducing my size

both in the bathroom and back at my trading desk

:p

#65     May 24, 2005
  6. I find that the kinds of foods that I eat can make a difference...

oh and yes...good trading to you....

#66     May 24, 2005
  7. vr82

vr82

i thought today was kind of slow but I was able to get alot of household things done. today was a small loss. Im still waiting for my really big loss and am wondering if Im going to feel the same way about losing.

#67     May 25, 2005
  8. Just keep it up and play it tight. I think you are doing extemely well, probably better than most here on ET despite the posts to the contary. Remember a slow grinding loss over a long time period can be worse than a big one day loss. You can start to think you may never win again.

Good Luck

#68     May 25, 2005
  9. vr82

vr82

I have now had two losing days in a row. I have had two losing days in a row before but never three. i imagine tomorrow will be slow just like the last two so if I lose tomorrow, maybe I can say my algorythms dont work and low volumn days. who knows.
    vivian

#69     May 26, 2005
  10. Viv:

First I want to say I enjoyed reading through your journal.

Rather than to overfocus on one day, you might want to lengthen it out to a week or a month. Personally I use a month. Takes alot of pressure off on the day to day performance.

Another suggestion. I like to raise and lower my size depending on how my month is going. If I'm well ahead for the month, I may raise my size for instance, since I'm playing with the house money. When and if I start to lose I start to reduce my size.

I've been trading a little lighter here because I think it's a pre-holiday type of condition.

Anyway, always good to evaluate each day, see what went right, what went wrong. But I'd evaluate it financially within the context of the week or the month...if that makes any sense.

Keep up the great job.

OldTrader

#70     May 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.