mama vivian's trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by vr82, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhashe

mhashe

Nononsense, see link below

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=703416#post703416

As for the momma, don't know how long you've been papering. But you definitely have all your bases covered. As far as your worries on losing your gains, keep in mind a break during a winning streak, prolongs the duration of the winning streak; and a break during a losing streak, shortens the duration of the losing streak. Good luck, and keep on posting.

#21     May 17, 2005
  2. #22     May 17, 2005
  3. Not quite the newbie you pretended to be in this thread, now are you? Don't look now Mama, but your slip is showing. :D

#23     May 17, 2005
  4. Hey:

You know it looks to me like there is a little more to "viv" than meets the eye. The rates "she" is getting are within shouting distance of what an exchange member (with a limited membership) would pay. Looking at the activity, it seems to me that "viv" would have to have some experience (and plenty of confidence) to make those entries and exits. Its a big world folks, and like the lady said, she ain't no desperate housewife. Either way, I am glad to see someone display skill. Kind of tired of the usual bitching and moaning from the retail wannabees I guess.

I am sure the lady doesn't need my encouragement. I have the feeling that once she gets going, she will be administering some financial "ass-whoopin" to the lesser skilled traders.

Lefty.

#24     May 17, 2005
  5. vr82

vr82

i really messed up today. I was suppose to go to work at the coffee shop. so i got up just to take a peek at the screen and I said, what the heck, im going to place an order, with a stop and a profit target so i bought at the open and went to work. my mind was so preoccupied with my market position that every 10 minutes i called to find out what was going on. then my coffee shop manager started getting mad at me because she said I was distracted by something. my broker was irratated because I call to much so after a bit I just got out of my position. boy was that stress. I did really good at work though, I made 6 hours times $8.00 for a wopping $48.00 less taxes. I couldve, wouldve shouldve stayed in if I were home. Im really mad i went to work. Now im really in a dilema.

#25     May 17, 2005
  6. Ladies and Gentlemen, viv now has my undivided attention.
    Well done viv, it appears you made 2pts /contract while making $8/hr at the coffee shop? Sweet! I don't think one could ask for a better trading day (maybe golf instead of coffee shop, but different strokes for different folks).

I am curious, though, knowing how spouses sometimes query as to a trader's success. What has your husband's reaction been to your success? Is he supportive, and does he take your "part-time" career seriously?

Thanks for sharing and I wish you continued success.

#26     May 18, 2005
  7. vr82

vr82

my husband kind of dared me to do this. basically said he thought i couldn't do it. but no comments from him sofar. remember, i could lose this money just like that. there are times that groups of couples including me and my husband go to las vegas and one of us leaves $20,000 there so whats the difference. My fun doing this is spread out over a longer period of time. I still expect to lose this money. this has just been luck.
    the concerns from alot of you is how can i do this just like that. I do have to give a little credit to my son who has helped me get started. he trades electronically through transact. i use somebody else.

#27     May 18, 2005
  8. vr82

vr82

i lost today but one of the rules i set for myself is that if i did everything i was suppose to do and followed my rules then there is not a darn thing i can do a bout it and im not even going to think about it. i will start again tomorrow. the other rule i have for myself is I constantly ask myself," what is the worst thing that can happen." the answer, ill lose my $20,000.

#28     May 18, 2005
  9. viv...

as you go up and down...we are are pulling for you...:)

#29     May 18, 2005
  10. vr82

vr82

no trades today. I felt a little sad because my system had no trades. does that mean im getting hooked on trading like you guys.

#30     May 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.