mama vivian part 2

Discussion in 'Journals' started by vr82, Jun 22, 2005.

1. ok ... none of my business ... but did you take off today from the coffee shop to trade?

31 X 31 ?

did your system get you short
    in the afternoon selloff ?

#11     Jun 24, 2005
  2. vr82

vr82

i have a little hand help ipaq that i can monitor my platform and i can get away with it at work if i just glance at it once in a while. at 1:30 i was getting to many short signals so i had to take a break and re set some orders with my api. it was a horrible morning while i was gone but the short sell off get me back to breakeven.

#12     Jun 24, 2005
  3. i have decided to change my screen name. its now mama vivian

#13     Jun 24, 2005
  4. i have been away as my husbands mother passed away. ist day back. still wasn't quite in the mood. automation worked well so that i could work.

#14     Jun 29, 2005
  5. Glad you're back.

#15     Jun 30, 2005
  6. i was really kind of scared to trade today. knowing that the fed meeting would take place. but it worked out quite well as i put my automation on and went to work. as i look at the chart i was short all day and got the signal to move my stop to breakeven and at 118pm central, my break even stop got hit to take me flat and then the market went down 12 points. if i would have watched that, i would have pulled my hair our and cursed in italian. but i didn't have to watch.

#16     Jun 30, 2005
  7. i want to show you the chart. it kind of makes me sick to look at but its just trading and ill have another day. i have written a very short term 1 or 2 tick profit scalping program that worked good twice today so i was able to walk away with $40.00 after commissions.
    heres the question i have. nobody knows the answer i think but if i wouldn't have had a stop in place and the computer was to place the stop when it hit my stop a certain amount of times, could that work consistently. im going to have to think about that. but any thoughts i have this evening is just hind sight.
    good night everyone.

#17     Jun 30, 2005
  8. im heading to the northwoods for some
    camping. everyone have a nice 4th of july.
    vivian

#18     Jul 1, 2005
  9. what a nice three day weekend. but did have to work the coffee shop on monday.
    got back to trading on tuesday and had a nice little day. nice and quick.

#19     Jul 5, 2005
  10. lar

lar

Hi Viv,

It's been about two weeks and I've been wondering if you are ok... You ok?

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#20     Jul 18, 2005