mama vivian part 2

Discussion in 'Journals' started by vr82, Jun 22, 2005.

1. vr82

vr82

hi everyone. im still working. like today for two hours we gave away free coolers and today we gave away over 250 in that time frame and that was in just one of our stores. but its really sad to say that I really miss trading. so I created an API that would let me be away from my screen for 4-5 hours.
    my system is pretty much time based. i know when i have to place a trade. so the api i created lets me tell the computer when to buy/sell, at the bid or ask, what my profit target and stop loss, how many points needed to move to break even and at what time do i want to close the position and cancel the orders related to that system. and the nice thing is that i can have systems going in different directions and each one manages their own profit and stops individually. it really works great, so im back in the birdcage again.
    i will place my trades at 8am and then by 930am i will leave for work. the last two days i tested on simulation and Im going live tomorrow. i really like this api of mine and i think i can pull this off.
    i will start posting again tomorrow my statements.
    I really missed trading.
    vivian

2. hpoe you have stops in place after you place your trades ...

one good thing ... if you win or lose ... you prob

do not re enter more trades (?)

have you ever thought of trying your method

on other markets besides ES ?

have a safe summer and drive carefully

seth

:)

3. rickty

rickty

Vivian,

I read through your other thread completely last night. Congratulations on your good performance, which I believe is due in large part to you having come up with an (apparently) good mechanical system.

Can you tell me a bit more about your API usage? What language did you use? Are you using the API for both obtaining quotes as well as placing orders? What brokerage has this API and do they charge extra for it?

I'm currently searching for a broker with a good API and low intra-day margins for ES.

Keep up the good trading.

Richard

4. Hi Viv...

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

lame, Hello Vivian :D

6. Hey.... she's my friend too...

7. vr82

vr82

hi seth:
    i always have stops in place and i can place more trades by telling my program to enter the market at x time.
    im testing on er, nq. as far as driving, i hate driving and I work 6 blocks from where i live so that part is wonderful.

8. vr82

vr82

"Can you tell me a bit more about your API usage? What language did you use? Are you using the API for both obtaining quotes as well as placing orders? What brokerage has this API and do they charge extra for it?

I'm currently searching for a broker with a good API and low intra-day margins for ES."

my api is written in vb.net. i use dorman and the CTX/dorman direct trading platform. the features that really help me being that i am working and want to leave is that they now have a OCO feature with profit and stop and it fits perfectly with my api. they do NOT charge extra for it. EXELLENT platform and EXELLENT api if I don't say so myself. I think Im going to do this.

9. vr82

vr82

hi electric savant. you are my friend. you have been VERY courteous and nothing but helpful. don't let anyone give you a hard time.
    i have decided to take some money off the table so its like im starting over with 19859.45. heres my statement from wednesday

10. vr82

vr82

thursdays trade

#10     Jun 24, 2005