Malware warning

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Bugsy, Sep 1, 2020.

1. The Repairable error is not having antivirus protection. I download (mostly Opensource) freeware quite a bit and yes, my AV has caught some issues.

#51     Sep 5, 2020
  2. Nobert

Nobert

The stuff downloaded from Trnts is win_rared usually, so you can scan it with 3~ different antiviruses, prior to opening.

That should can catch the bug and next to a different source, if so. Green & purple skull members, never encountered, any bugs from em.

#52     Sep 6, 2020
  3. Bugsy

Bugsy

I had Norton 360, Spybot, and Malware Bytes and none of them caught the malware.

#53     Sep 6, 2020
    apdxyk and Nobert like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

AVG and spywareblaster?

#54     Sep 6, 2020
  5. Bugsy

Bugsy

No just those 3 I mentioned.

#55     Sep 6, 2020
  6. Overnight

Overnight

What I meant was, maybe those two other free ones could have made a difference. My standard freeware suite for many moons has been Spybot, Spywareblaster, AVG and Malwarebytes. Never had a problem.

In any event, always back-up yer sheet, and don't go nuts visiting funky sites on your trading machine. And your trading machine would, logically, also be the one you do your online finances on.

#56     Sep 6, 2020
  7. Bugsy

Bugsy

Yeah but prOn doesn't count right?

#57     Sep 6, 2020
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Not sure whether you are joking or not. But just in case, um, keep pr0N off your trading machine. Oy!

#58     Sep 6, 2020
    Bugsy likes this.
  9. shfly

shfly

I'm using it, 5+ years. Never had an issue.

Also use 2 factor authentication (2FA) on brokerage accounts, credit cards etc. etc.

#59     Sep 7, 2020
  10. Nobert

Nobert

Hmnn, untrusted user then it was, the one who uploaded the file (?)

Noneless, hiden well o_O

#60     Sep 7, 2020