Malta

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Pasternak, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Thanks everyone for your input. I will definitely head over there and check it out for myself. As long as the lifestyle there is ok and I can make some new friends I'll probably go for it as the tax advantages are very significant for me.

I plan to spend up to half my time travelling around Europe so having Malta as a base should be fine even if it is not the perfect place to live full time.

#21     May 24, 2007
  2. An interesting point about Malta. When I was looking into it I found Malta was actually one of the most congested places in the World in terms of population density. That will probably affect your quality of life. My conclusion was that there are better places to live considering tax and lifestyle than Malta. Ireland is one, IMHO.

#22     May 26, 2007
  3. Yes, thta is what they say, but I certainly didn't get any dedicated bandwith. I sent them an e-mail, though.

I'd be happy if you could get back to us after you have been there.

I think you will get a REALLY nice apartment for 1K euro. The rental prices are very low compared to the cost of buying. I rented a two bedroom apartment for 400 euros for one month, but not in the best area (Msida).

#23     May 26, 2007
  4. I'm pretty sure the Medallion Fund of Jim simons is registered in Malta for tax purposes, though I'm sure they don't run any trades through there.

#24     May 28, 2007