Malls jammed pack, traffic very heavy, cars selling.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

People got by just fine without cellphones 20 years ago. Now, they are a necessity? Imo, all they are good for is a gossip device and a way to track your ass down 24/7. A cellphone on your ear for hours is like sticking your head into a microwave oven. The electromagnetic energy slowy cooks the brain.

#11     Aug 15, 2011
  2. YOY reflects favorable comparison against the trough in activity.

#12     Aug 15, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

i can confirm same observations in PA. malls are full and traffic was extremely heavy over the weekend,even with shitty weather and heavy rain. dunno where the f** everyone is going.

#13     Aug 15, 2011
  4. Bob111

Bob111

here you have it:

Lowe's 2Q net income flat on muted demand

http://news.yahoo.com/lowes-2q-net-income-flat-muted-demand-103029483.html

#14     Aug 15, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

this chart probably correlated with pretty much vertical rise in national debt..basically gvt just print more and give it to the citizens in various forms. including useless gvt job creations.

#15     Aug 15, 2011
  6. #16     Aug 15, 2011
  7. I saw that this morning. Sales up 1%, pretty poor considering the price inreases of everything in those stores. More like sales in the crapper after inflation.

#17     Aug 15, 2011
  8. I have been in Houston over 10 years and I have never seen Saturday traffic this light before.

I see lots of deserted commercial real estate everywhere, restaurants on Friday and Saturday night are no where near what a Saturday or Friday used to look like.

Even the cheapest restaurants catering low income people was empty last Saturday. But prices were up. I am paying much more for the same item compared to recent years. No wonder Mcdonalds KFC and the like has increased their sales because they are the cheapest shit you can eat.

#18     Aug 15, 2011
  9. Bob111

Bob111

i guess it makes easier to see, where the "free" gvt money are going..
    heavy traffic in Philly( a shit load of people on welfare and useless gvt jobs) and not so much in Houston
    Obamanomics at work..i guess..we are living now in a WonderLand..printing money,give it to unemployed or on people welfare or create some absolutely useless,unproductive gvt job(TSA is a great example,just take a good look at these people) and viola! problem solved! all jobs are either "saved" or created!

#19     Aug 15, 2011
  10. Illum

Illum

At the beach, NJ, this town is jammed, it was not like this for past few years. Packed.

#20     Aug 15, 2011