Malaysians starting the switch from paper to gold

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 4, 2010.

1. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703882304575465623070689934.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

A group has gotten more than 1000 businesses in the state capital to start accepting these gold & silver coins. People can pay their taxes and their water bills with silver coins.

I believe the real switch will not be in just businesses accepting these coins as payment, but when the employees demand to be paid in these silver & gold coins. Thats when we will see currencies start to collapse.

2. rew

rew

Is it possible to have a thread in ET without the Jew baiting?

3. thats the teacher body language , when he puts his hands together like that, it means" I am here to teach you something."

4. [​IMG]

5. Eight

Eight

Read their histories, they had some balls, they had some brains, they went all over the world when it was not safe to do that... they had the Bible to guide them too.... and they built empires that you can't touch... little whiney assholes like you will never, ever catch up to them... not in this life...

Otoh, they are such God Haters that they make it into the book of Revelation but who cares about minor details like that...

6. That is actually the universal "my balls are this big" hand gesture.
    [​IMG]

7. And this is the "it needs brass balls" gesture :

[​IMG]

8. I thought it was the "I am up to something sisister" body language.

[​IMG]

9. That's great, I think this gesture means that.

10. And yet if you are a westerner (american or european) you have a higher standard of living than most of the world.

Just living in the United States you are better off than 95% of the rest of the world.

If its so bad here, just renounce your citizenship and move somewhere else. But just a warning....out of 180 countries in the world, about 150 of them make less than half of what we make. (and most of those countries the average worker makes 5 to 10 bucks per day at best)

Complain all you want, but this is the land of milk and honey. So what if they tax us. What yearly salary would you rather keep....60-70% of your $80k paycheck, or 100% of your $10k paycheck.

#10     Sep 6, 2010