making one point a day?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by protrader-2K5, Aug 4, 2005.

1. They can always make me an offer. I make without any problem 1 point a day.

#81     Aug 7, 2005
  2. Making the daily range is on most day impossible to do. You will never be able to take all the tops and bottoms, there is always some slippage and you also make losing trades that have to be taken in account. If you can make on average 50 % of the daily range you will brake all the records i think.

#82     Aug 7, 2005
  3. The average trading range of the S&P500 for the last 500 trading days is 10.32 points. I have never heard of anyone making an average of 10 points a day ( i mean in real time trading, not papertrading).
    Even half of it, 5 points, would be enormous.

#83     Aug 7, 2005
  4. virgin

virgin

Spike 500 ;

" Indeed, i talk about the liquidity. Perhaps someone can tell me how to buy 1500 contracts when the volume is only 10 % of the ordersize?
    I thought we were talking about real trading, not about what you read in books."

What if the best offer displays 2000 cars for sale, do you
    have the bucks to buy those cars ? :0)))

the accumulated size at the first 5 levels is "almost never"
    less than 1500.(hangs around 5000 cars) so you don't
    have liquidity problems but you will have slippage of course
    with 1500 cars

the average size at the best bid/offer is about 600 cars,
    what size do you trade that you have problems with this
    kind of liquidity ????!!!!!!

The ONLY QUESTION is at what size traded your $ profit
    reaches its maximum and starts to decline due to the
    average buy price increasing and the average sell price
    decreasing due to slippage.

Your $ profit in function of size traded is a parabolic function
    and reaches a maximum for a certain size.
    For which size depends on your strategy ; a scalper should
    reach the max size quicker than an intraday swinger.

Are YOU for real ?

#84     Aug 7, 2005
  5. My remark about the size of the orders was a response on the postings of jem who concluded that within 1 year i would be able to retire.
    When i traded 1-5 contracts i had flashfills; when size grew the time to get filledbecamelonger and longer. So i see that the time to get fills increases exponentially.

If i'm for real or not is a question that can be asked to anyone on the internet. I could even say that i live in Monaco.

But one things is for real: i posted signals in advance about the ES and they were at least for real. And good for more than 1 point a day.

#85     Aug 7, 2005
  6. nitro

nitro

Toooo funny! Keep talking, this is better entertainment than most of what's on TV these days.

Hold on, let me get some more popcorn...

nitro :D

#86     Aug 7, 2005
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  7. nitro

nitro

How do I account for "4+ points per day average" by some guy posting on a website?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

Oh man, hold on, I need more popcorn. I just spat out this one from laughing so hard.

nitro :D

#87     Aug 7, 2005
  8. Remiraz

Remiraz

LOL that got to be one of dumbest thing I have read in a while. Wanna grab a hotdog?

#88     Aug 7, 2005
  9. nitro

nitro

Only if you were born female, are good looking, have a good heart, and are looking for a meaningful relationship.

nitro :p

#89     Aug 7, 2005
  10. tradingbug----------- the position size per trade limit link i placed here was for reference purposes just in case spike500 was not aware that an order of that size could be executed/allowed----------this was not any discussion on liquidity---just a reference.

yes excellent traders with their own developed systems can make many more then 1 point a day but this is not the norm, and it takes realtime proof to ever understand how that can be done. i know 1 point a day is not a threshold or limit for trading the es which can't be broke-------there are some very powerful methods to making more on a daily basis.

spike500-------not one of my posts here say anything about how spike500 CAN'T make 2 points a day---------- i do not care what level he trades at and it would be ridiculous for me to make derogatory comments towards him.

#90     Aug 7, 2005