making one point a day?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by protrader-2K5, Aug 4, 2005.

1. my ratio trading gets ALL the noise so that is already covered for me-------now the little hand trading i do is measured for me in a very simplistic way----

this is my account size -----------> this is how much a day I will shoot for {a percentage of the total account size per day}.

i do it this way just for the simplicity------this works perfect for me.

#51     Aug 5, 2005
  2. thanks...do you have a high low rqnge for that??

#52     Aug 5, 2005
  3. Grob,

screwed why?

Is it a futile excersise? waste of time?

#53     Aug 5, 2005
  4. This is an engineeering term for what you are doing , in my opinion won't work and you are following a path that, currently, is not going to be productive in any way.

It is best to be analylitical about going about finding out how to do things.

Once you ver too far from a direction that could beproductive it is difficult to go through readjusting to find another course of action and inquiry.

The way to go about getting to be very profitable and successful is very clear to a lot of people and they complete getting there, sometimes, without any hitches nor delays. It is not a case of intelligence or having to be "different" in any way. It is more a case of being able to stay on a direct path as a consequence of rational reasoning processes.

When a person is not able to sort things out properly and in the right perspective and weighting and priorities, then he becomes sidetracked and stuck to some degree.

Learning is not like working your way through a maze and winning the prize at the end for figuring things out.

it is more like a rational series of challenges. A given challenge will appear one after the other. This means that being able to recognize it, you get to solve it. A person may not recognize that they have solved the challenge wrongly. For that happening, they are not longer able to recieve the next rational challenge that ordinarily would come thier way.

Obviously, there is a tree of pathways that lead to a variety of more or less successful ways to make money. actually the tree is best viewed by looking down upon it and seeing a radial picture of successes occurring at all the ends of the branches.

Not being able to go to an end of some branch is the usual problem most people face. They simply become mired down by coming to the end of the paths that do not make it very far from the unknown interior of the tree. The objective is to go exhaustively through vhallenges successfully and not, on the other hand get stuck in the tree at an impassable part of the interior of the tree.

There is no such thing in tree climbing as turning around on a branch in the tree and going back to a place to begin again in the right direction to get to one of the many places that lead to great success.

This is simply because your equipment (brain) cannot do erasing. you have a lot of stuff accumulated that is difficult to move aside to allow you to resume an effort down a path.

Look at another thread where several people are comforting each other and building upon past failure. It has to do with going from equities to commodities. Currently there are many many threads runnning on an assortment of shoddy reasoning and past failures. As people form little conclaves of conformity in irrationally developed settings, they make more and more mutually concrete barriers to being able to caste aside (move out of the way of a potential path) the debris they have piled up in their conclave.

Presently, you are screwed as I observe the scene. I suggested to the above mentioned group the view that I have and, of course, what I said "suddenly" came upon the scene. by shear irrational numbers that,now, have returned to rebuilding the debris they find so familiar and erroneously providing comfort.

They by continuing to be persistent will finally get to what is called a repillean state of activity that finally will allow them to "flee" to other life pursuits.

You need to call upon your rationally based resourses and stop stepping in cowpies for a while until you discover a way to push aside some things you now feel are important and functional (which they are not).

There will be a bunch of comrades appear to help you out. And another set of people who will again chide me for what I posted as_______add many paragraphs____.

Step way back and view the markets. Notice that when you get far enough back you cannot even see the small place that you made so big. Do not look closer for a while. Instead look around and see how big the opportunity really is. Then do not chose one of them. Instead consider the whole picture continually and always continue to preserve your options and get to understand more and more of the depth of these options. This is the empowering thing to do.

In fact as you do and as you gain knowledge and skills in this way, you will probably never return to where you are for anything since it is not going to be helpful to you when you get orientated.

Build an invinceible GPS machine that always lets you know where you are at any time and with that you can really deeply survey your options.

Now you are sitting in a briar patch. Loose it.

#54     Aug 5, 2005
  5. Lose it.

#55     Aug 5, 2005
  6. grob109----------- yes i do for the ratio trading, the 50 to 50 level is currently around 1170-----this adjusts over time in relation to price action {new highs or lows on a daily chart, frequency of price trading at each level, etc}. i make adjustments to the high or low side of my projected range as needed i/a/w several indicators/fibs/frequency measurements that i use.

for my manual trading daily profit objectives i guess you could say yes i do have a range i shoot for.

#56     Aug 5, 2005
  7. duard

duard

1 pt ?

#57     Aug 5, 2005
  8. manz66

manz66

weekly, daily, hourly fibonacci number will give you 1 point.

#58     Aug 6, 2005
  9. duard----------no, it is probably closer to .80 point after commissions on a daily basis as my objective.

the main reason i hand trade is to stay in focus with the market and not get disconnected by only auto trading. my objective is to make a good solid return and stay sharp-------this trading is not to make my primary living from. if you keep hand trading you will better observe the changes or feel of the market as the year goes on--------when i stop hand trading i get lazy and go into the "coast" mode.

#59     Aug 6, 2005
  10. Remiraz

Remiraz

oops sorry, must have been that 3.75 pt day then.

#60     Aug 6, 2005