making one point a day?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by protrader-2K5, Aug 4, 2005.

1. hahaha

heard of it... never bothered to figure it out.

#21     Aug 4, 2005
  2. TRIN, or Arms index, detects overbought and oversold levels in the market.
    It is the advance/decline ratio divided by the advance/decline volume ratio.

:D

#22     Aug 4, 2005
  3. Prevail

Prevail Guest

That was rather funny.

protrader, are you migrating from the world of discretionary trading to systematic?

#23     Aug 5, 2005
  4. getting the one point a day automated is very possible-------getting one point a day "hand trading" is a whole different story. hand trading includes your emotions fighting any system you have-------guess who usually wins---not your great system.

if you can create discipline levels to follow a sound mechanical trade method {like a nyse TICK signal based scalp es system}, and you can react fast consistently you can do very well---------but it all comes down to your mental capabilities. the only thing keeping you from one point a day is yourself.

#24     Aug 5, 2005
  5. Remiraz

Remiraz

With 1 point a day starting at 1 car i can become a multi-millionaire in about 2 years.

Not that its impossible to do 1 pt a day. Just stating the rewards. :D

Summer....is that sept time for u americans? i hate summer index futures. 1 pt range on ES gives me nightmares. I remember being in Woodies' CCI chatroom and the mod took 10 losers in a row taking CCI signals during one such day. :eek:

#25     Aug 5, 2005
  6. Summers may be less volatile, but.....

The last 8 years' volume numbers are irrelevant considering the contract volume in the most all electronic markets, and the ES particularly, has been on a constant incline. Also, your precious data is not exactly secret; it's common knowledge.

I would be hesitant to say the summer months are that quiet. People say summer is slow, as well as December for Christmas and November for Thanksgiving. Also, any week preceeding a holiday is slow. So, by these "conventional wisdoms", we have "normal" markets for about 4 months per year.

I have not done it myself, but I'd bet that if you detrended the daily ES volume for the last 4 years and tested the data, the summer months would not be statistically lower volume than any other season.

Besides, volume is not the only variable that contributes to volatility...so I suppose the volume debate is moot.

#26     Aug 5, 2005
  7. yes 2 years is correct------- this is possible but extremely few do this because of the battle with themselves--------this is why there are not es millionaire traders all around.

i do think in the next few years there will be a dramatic increase in futures trader millionaires due to automated trading--------just my opinion----------the technology to trade automated is sophisticated enough to pull this off with good strategies.

#27     Aug 5, 2005
  8. Wow, I don't ever remember a 1 point day on the E-mini S&P. When was that?

#28     Aug 5, 2005
  9. I know it's not a secret but saying I won't share forces others to go find it. :D
    I have tested the data and, proportionately, volume does pull back every July and August.

#29     Aug 5, 2005
  10. Remiraz

Remiraz

aug-sep 2004

#30     Aug 5, 2005