making one point a day?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by protrader-2K5, Aug 4, 2005.

1. I guess since you've never heard of it, it hasnt happened. Way to think like the majority. The contrarians are the ones that make the money.

You will never get to be like those great traders! It doesnt bother you though since youve never heard of anyone doing it before anyway.

p.s. Take a look at Nihibashi, Grob109, AMT4SWA, and Scientist. The ones who everyone persecutes are the ones we should follow. They are the ones who are NOT in the majority. I thought we could expand our closed minded thinking with this thread. Too bad. Good luck with your trading and I hope you have continued success.

#91     Aug 7, 2005
  2. Cool, I was just saying that it was more important to focus on the liquidity of the market than on the regulations size for practical purposes. We are congruent then. I hope my post didnt sound demeaning to you.

I also agree that people who have systems making more than 1 pt a day is NOT the norm. In order to be one of those people, you need to think NOT like the norm. It must be tough for those guys sitting all alone in the winners circle making more than 1 pt a day. They have nobody to relate with. ......at least not in this forum.

#92     Aug 7, 2005
  3. people can make 1+ points a day...

BUT

how long can they hold on to it?

Can they go to the bank with it or 6 months down the road do they have to give it back through a drawdown?

=============

QUESTION: (to further our knowledge)

Assuming you can make 1 point a day. What type of time frame do you look at? And it the key to read volume or price... Or are you look at something more exotic?

Macro, Spike, et al I humbly look forward to your replies!

Thanks

#93     Aug 7, 2005
  4. 0.5point a day per ES contract is a commendable amount as a long term average... I believe 0.5 points a day is at the top end as a long-term average (though it is possible to get much more in periods such as Summer 2002, which had amazing volatility)...

e.g. If you are trading only 20 contracts of ES (a mere 4 big contracts), you can bring in a decent $125,000 a year on 0.5pt a day....

#94     Aug 7, 2005
  5. I have not been trading for too long, But I can calculate, if you can constently make 1 pt/ ctr /day after commission , then you are talking about making 2.5% per day or more than 400% per year

I personally would sell my home, borrow as much as I could, use all of my margin and invest in this, wouldn’t you ?

#95     Aug 7, 2005
  6. candletrader----- how do you limit the downside? Meaning at what point do you say this is a bad trade? How much against your postion do the market move... .5, 1.0, 1.5 pts?

Also do you make your .5 and walk?

Thanks

#96     Aug 7, 2005
  7. Remiraz

Remiraz

I shiver at the thought of following Coinz/Skalpz. :eek:

#97     Aug 7, 2005
  8. Here is a coworkers prints. He started after 9:45 and stopped at 3pm. The range for the period of time he traded was 8.3 pts(36-27.1) during that period. He took 6 trades; 1 loser and 5 winners for a 7 pt day. Dont forget to subtract that 30 in comissions. This statement is from Velocity Futures. I could not find prints with their corresponding time of trades. If I can find them, ill post them too as it will be more helpful.

The daily rnage from premarket to close was 41-27= 14. He made 1/2 the range for the day and quit before 3pm.

#98     Aug 7, 2005
  9. here is a better screenshot. It has the cost of doing business($35). Still looking for the print times as that would be more helpful.

#99     Aug 7, 2005
  10. It's funny how so many people focus on average pts per day, in a profession that is as far away from making a consistent X amount on Y period as any you can think of. It's like a college basketball player looking to go professional who plans his future thinking about the best way to make $13,699 a day, just like the average NBA player.

#100     Aug 7, 2005