Making MORE MONEY TRADING working full time?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Speakingout, Jun 19, 2003.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Trying to trade and work sucks big time. I'm thinking the most I want to manage while working is to oversee an autotrading system via GoToMyPC, checking in on it a few times during the day. The closer to getting that up and running I am the more I realize it is a good thing.

Max

#21     Jun 20, 2003
  2. ttrader

ttrader

I just want to reply my state-ment:

"Forget it. Company will fuck You up, so You WON'T be able to trade at all .... Company/mafia/concil has interest to have cheap slaves for their work, unless of course You have the seldom luck to work in an intellegent conmpany..."

ttrader

#22     Jun 20, 2003
  3. Have the best of both worlds. Work for a BD(in any capacity) and trade full time. :D I did it for years.

#23     Jun 20, 2003
  4. Tea

Tea

If this wireless PC thing ever gets perfected where you can have your charting and order entry system running on a laptop with DSL/Cable type speed and similar reliability and be able to roam around your city......

.........then you might be able to pull it off depending on your job, your work environment and your ability to multi-task.

#24     Jun 20, 2003
  5. ttrader

ttrader

.. but You need antennas all over the land ... :(

ttrader

#25     Jun 20, 2003
  6. contejas

contejas

thanks Kernan. I did not know that.

#26     Jun 20, 2003
  7. I swing while at work.
    My swinging suffers.
    I swung for a couple weeks while taking time off work to realize this.
    However, you can still make some $$$

#27     Jun 20, 2003
  8. I both agree and disagree with this... I agree if your non-trading business/job is in the same timezone as the exchange's hours that you are trading... I disagree if your non-trading business/job is in a different timezone to the exchange's hours that you are trading... in the latter case you can focus 100% of your attention on both, without any trade-offs i.e. if you are a US West Coast or Australian morning hours trader or a European trader who can catch the closing hours of New York as well as the opening hours of Sydney, you can effectively live two lives... your life as a professional musician (for example) and your life as a trader...

And about your point about "needing" another job, there are some people who can't choose between their vocation of being the top chef at a classy restaurant (for example) and their passion for trading.... time zone segregation is the solution... do both...

#28     Jun 20, 2003
  9. I use it, it's great! :cool:

#29     Jun 20, 2003
  10. Elliott

Elliott

Depends on what you trade and how you trade also.

You can earn a very good living swing trading futures (winning trades leverage more per your investment dollars) with little to no daily attention to the markets. Better know what you're doing though. Big risks in not knowing. 1-4 day swings can profit you well. Need a good system with decent win/loss and risk management.

Much Success to All,

#30     Jun 20, 2003