Making money using price action is impossible

Discussion in 'Trading' started by college_trad3r, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I doubt it. Price action does not exist. How can you guys define price action anyway? Any money made is random walk. Just because you think price thinks it is going somewhere does not mean it will.
    Face it, price action comes from a magical fairyland, unlike real technical analysis and money management.
    :cool:

#11     Sep 27, 2009
  2. i bet i made more real money last month off of this fantasy than you made trading the last 3 years paper trading- i'll stay in my little fantasy world thank you

#12     Sep 27, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

IMO

Price Action = The tick by tick movement of price

Put enough together = a story, emotion, price / chart pattern

Extrapolate it out = opportunity / potential to make money

(Each trader’s mindset will determine the viability and success in identifying and managing through the opportunities)

Market is not random, market is uncertain

Each trader's mileage may vary - as always

Regards

RN

#13     Sep 27, 2009
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Al Brooks has a spot on quote that is the only definition of price action I've ever seen. In the chapter on trend lines and trend channels, he discusses reversals at overshoots of the channel:

"The reversal at an overshoot happens because it is such an entrenched part of institutional trading psyche that it has to happen. Even if an institution does not look at charts, it will have some other criterion that tells them that the market has gone too far and it is time to exit or reverse, and this will invariably coincide with what price action traders are seeing. Remember, price action is the inescapable footprint of what is happening as a huge number of smart people are independently trying to make the most money that they can in the market."

#14     Sep 27, 2009
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

OK, I take that back. I've now seen 2 definitions, the same at the core :cool:

#15     Sep 27, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

:)

#16     Sep 27, 2009
  7. soon as I read that I stopped reading this post. Obviously the OP cannot read price action and he's frustrated at it, so he says its impossbile, therefore hoping to get some tips or tricks out of us to tell him how.

#17     Sep 27, 2009
  8. People can make a living from technical analysis and money management? Now that's hard to believe.

Is there one person out there that will claim they've made their money not off price action but technical analysis? Is there even one? Price action is price analysis of the present moment and all conditions (fundamentals, sentiment, TA) that concurrently impact price; TA is study of the past in one or two dimensions, using isolated data stripped of everything else. You tell me which deserves to make money.

#18     Sep 27, 2009
  9. ammo

ammo

price action is buying when its going up ( SELLING WHEN GOING DOWN), getting out when it stalls, memorizing previous stall points and rejections, its all on the screen for tech traders ,u can make money either way, granny clampett used to read the weather with a cricket in a matchbox, whatever u are able to comprehend ,master,and use repeatedly to your advantage is what u should use. This argument comes up about once a month and goes in circles

#19     Sep 27, 2009
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

TRUE.............. and it is technical analysis that predicts the price action which allows us to ANTICIPATE the coming price movement. That boys and girls is as close as you can come to finding the grail.

a⋅nal⋅y⋅sis  /əˈnæləsɪs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-nal-uh-sis] Show IPA
    Use analysis in a Sentence
    See web results for analysis
    See images of analysis
    –noun, plural -ses  /-ˌsiz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [-seez] Show IPA . 1. the separating of any material or abstract entity into its constituent elements (opposed to synthesis ).
    2. this process as a method of studying the nature of something or of determining its essential features and their relations: the grammatical analysis of a sentence.
    3. a presentation, usually in writing, of the results of this process: The paper published an analysis of the political situation.
    4. a philosophical method of exhibiting complex concepts or propositions as compounds or functions of more basic ones.
    :)

PS: Anyone notice these clowns like college trader try to inflame the real traders so they give him clues to his wishful thinking. We see more and more questions like this. Even the new folks are showing how desperate they are to get away from working at WENDYS.

#20     Sep 27, 2009