Making Mad Money with Jim Cramer

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Cramerholic, Nov 3, 2005.

1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

But that 2.85% is unattainable as it's based on the close before his show and the open of the next day, so there's no way to get into the position to take advantage of the 2.85% move.

Cash

#21     Nov 4, 2005
  2. liulala

liulala

Cramer can definitely make you money.

Thanks for the great works Cramerholic!

Booya Cramer!

#22     Nov 4, 2005
  3. Very well said!

And this was posted somewhere here before:

"In February 2000, hedge-fund manager James J. Cramer proclaimed that Internet-related companies 'are the only ones worth owning right now.' These 'winners of the new world', as he called them, 'are the only ones that are going higher consistently in good days and bad.' Cramer even took a potshot at Graham ..."

A $10,000 investment in Cramer's top ten stocks (www.thestreet.com/funds/smarter/891820.html) would have lost 94% by 2002 ... leaving you with $597.44.
    -The Intelligent Investor, Graham/Zweig 2003 revised, page 16

Of all Zweig's recap and analysis of extremely poor investor recomendations during/after the Internet bubble, Cramer's stands out as the worst.

#23     Nov 4, 2005
  4. LaSalle

LaSalle

Buying something is the easy part.

The hard part is knowing when to sell.

#24     Nov 4, 2005
  5. LaSalle

LaSalle

Cramer is your typical guru. His bad calls get flushed down the memory hole while he takes every opportunity to champion his good calls.

Give a monkey a dart and a stock table and the opportunity at three tosses per day, without having to set a profit / loss stop on the stocks where the dart happens to hit, and after a large enough sample size the monkey should probably perform just as well as Cramer's "picks", if not better; as the dart has no bias, while Cramer obviously does.

#25     Nov 4, 2005
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Not that I like Cramer, but he does give airtime to his stinkers (for examples DKS).

#26     Nov 4, 2005
  7. liulala

liulala

Dont be silly, why should you hold for that long, even msft and intel cannt garentee long term sucess.

Stick with cramer, you will be in the right sector at least in the short to mid term.

if you cannt make money follow cramer, blame yourself not others, as cramer said, "do homework"

booya, cramer

#27     Nov 5, 2005
  8. You're not understanding what's going on here. I agreed that he pushes a stock and the next day its up, I didn't say you can get in the stock at the price he recommends it at, however if you look at the spreadsheet you'll see that even after that 2.85% 10 stocks went 5% higher within the week, so yes you can make money on his picks.

This thread is about how to make money trading Jim Cramer's stock picks. Let's keep it at that.

Also if anyone is trading Jim's picks, post what you did, your buy and sell and your P&L. I encourage that.

#28     Nov 5, 2005
  9. Again, does Jim need to hold your hand and tell you when to sell? When you see your portfolio tanking more than 10% you're not thinking sell? You gotta be a moron, and I bet that after he made that call some of the stocks he recommended notched up 5-10% thats where you should have taken some off the table. It's your job to know when to sell not his, he just tells you what to buy.

#29     Nov 5, 2005
  10. emjroll

emjroll

I was playing around on the web and found this site....doesn't really follow your strategy, but interesting nonetheless.

www.booyahboyaudit.com

#30     Nov 5, 2005