Making JH' SCT and all his material alive

Discussion in 'Journals' started by WchPl, Apr 25, 2018.

1. savoir

savoir

Before the coding of tools, we used to calculate PRV in our heads. I thought I was clever doing it seven times per bar using quick math. It turned out others (including Jack) were doing the same seven intervals using the same quick math tricks. In the chat, someone would type it out in the room for the rest of us. The intervals were 30s, 1m, 90s, 2m, 2.5m, 3m, 4m. Those were good enough to do the job.

Now almost everything seems to have been coded and automated. But the trading doesn't appear to have improved as a result. Maybe there is a connection between the two, maybe not.

Any update on what happened to the OP after all the work he put in?

#1731     Jul 19, 2020
  2. I hope everyone is doing well!! Sprout, Thank you for your reply, after reading pages upon pages of the work of JH and yours, the surreal experiences continue.

Everything feels daunting when I try to go on the journey by myself, I appreciate the instruction to start a journal in an organized fashion and continue to annotate/log, another 3 ring binder clicks to life. Sharing my experience here is something I should have started months/years ago, I don't know what was stopping me but I am glad I joined and appreciate you including me in the conversation.

I value the 'pay it forward' aspect of the system in many facets. I am in awe of the effort that has been made possible by extracting from wall st to help the locals of main street Cope with their struggles in more ways than one.

After doing this small chart annotation, it brought up many questions which I am currently trying to answer through DDing old charts. I have started cataloging the different EEs in order to be able to reference them quickly.

After reviewing the 2 copies of Failsafe Bands, I noticed the "*" and the slightly more expanded version. I believe this means that a BOT1 can only occur with a T1, not onward. I am not sure if I am on the right path but DD is providing more aha-s.

I have attached the last part of the day for a few days ago, my intention was to log the next day but I went to the day behind to try and nail the carryover. One issue I am having is knowing where to start on a chart, I know that RDBMS is self correcting (possibly taking a few turns) but still find it hard to know if I am starting off on the right foot.

Another question this annotation pulled up was the Ad EE and how it is determined, I have found different examples using Jack's charts. I believe I have it correctly on my annotation but would appreciate some further clarification.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

#1732     Aug 22, 2020
    sd2005 likes this.
  3. Sprout

Sprout

You should start your own journal and invite any willing to comment. It's helpful if you post some more charts, perhaps even drills. It's a way for those not even as far as you can follow. The charts Jack posted in regards to RDBMS were mostly student charts. There are errors that only building your 'spectrum of differentiation' will suss out with logical deduction. Doing MADA for a whole trading session requires a lot of mental discipline and a balanced emotional countenance. The rewards are priceless and largely a sport memory that one builds within their bodymind. You'll as Jack says; ‘know that you know, see clearly what the market has done, is currently doing and what's coming next.’

Paradoxically, it's quite relaxing. Trusting yourself more, is such a satisfying benefit and a wonderful facet of what the work is about.

I haven't been around these parts for a while, I wonder what ever happened to WchPl. The journal came to a head just when covid hit and the lockdowns began. He put in so much work, he deserves to have his dream.

A68F46BB-335B-4058-B77C-3163CA9A2B21.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    #1733     Sep 2, 2020
    peaspipe likes this.
  4. sd2005

sd2005

Hi All,
    Wish you are fine during this covid period.

Seems like no one talks about JH-SCT anymore. :D
    I'm still learning/reading from Jack's old posting. :p
    Not sure how many times I repeat. Find it easier to understand what he says.
    Still trying to grasp the volume elements after P2 and cataloging/identifying the EE/volume bands.

@Sprout and others who are experts in the JH-SCT, is the method still working?
    Are there changes to the Modrian table? Or can still use the one given by Jack?
    I plan to make something like the attached pic. Data will be manually input. Yellow cells maybe automated. You think it can work?

Thanks in advance.

• SCT.png
      SCT.png
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
    #1734     May 25, 2021