Making JH' SCT and all his material alive

Discussion in 'Journals' started by WchPl, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Sprout

Sprout

Comments within quoted text.

#1541     Nov 17, 2019
    WchPl likes this.
  2. WchPl

WchPl

Thank you very much for the support and the help provided

#1542     Nov 17, 2019
  3. WchPl

WchPl

There is a lot in the Hershey universe. You've explored RDBMS and some aspects of SCT. There are distinctions in PVT and SSR that have not been discussed. I can speak to PVT but not yet on SSR. You have the mindmap of Hershey threads that was posted elsewhere yes?
    I do have the mindmap, yes.
    That said there is something I don't understand. From what I think, RDBMS is the most recent version of JH's methods. Am I wrong when I say you seem to say exploring SCT, PVT and SSR is a necessity for trading with RDBMS method ? That would be a surprise for me but why not.

Think please. A single browser window of a tri-pane is functionally equivalent more-or-less to two browser windows of bi-panes.
    I had already thought about this. But being as I don't know what to do with those oanes of YM 2M and the 30min ES charts, so I don't know what is the goal of using them nor what is to be done with them, what you say here does not help me unfortunately although I guess you wanted to show me I can already do it.

It's part of it. What will be required at some point is to have a live data feed that you can sync your charts and the trading platform's DOM, T&S, OTR charts. The idea is to develop sports memory.
    For now, I don't understand what is meant here. Too many words I have to translate and understand correctly.

Best to add at what price points you are entering/exit/reversing on to support relevant commentary. As one zooms out and trades larger fractals, it's easier to see reverse trading being profitable. At smaller timeframes, it's more difficult to understand that there is more to it than that. There are more trading actions than enter/exit/reverse.
    I understand what is said here. Nonetheless although I know JH mentionned the eraly exit, early entries etc among this, he was also saying that comes a point when one is expert in RDBMS, at which one only does reverses along the day. And he stated one becomes an expert after 20 MADA sessions. I'm way beyond this today. More than three times beyond. I'm still wondering why I see this conflict betwen "there are more than entry, reverse, exit" and "as an expert you only do reverse".

In addition to 'increasing your level of differentiation' you also have to increase your level of 'allowing.' What's meant by this is that as an ontological state, the accumulation of wealth and abundance is a function of one's personal state of consciousness.
    Well, this is the most important and it's good that you mentionned it. It's currently a struggle to realize what I've done, all the work I've done. The path that has been mine so far, appears to me as truely extraordinary and I am taking care of me currently in order to accept where I am. I can't realize for now that 99% of the time, ID a price case, doing the VTP, ID any EE, ID the correct turn and putting the correct blob from MT/MR, is very easy now. It's huge WOW for me. My progress and my work have been really huge and I'm just accepting step by step that I'm ready to start at least simulated trading using RDBMS, for a very short time (compared to my path work), before being ont the right side each and everytime on the market.
    I just feel like if I was going out from the gym, after a +5years session !! A bit tired, aching...

That's why, along last days I've considerably reduced my work intensity and hours, while also trying to do as much as I can, fun activities, light things, sleeping a lot, and taking the time for doing simple stuffs.
    I need it.

#1543     Nov 17, 2019
    Sprout likes this.
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Hold (or if you prefer, Wait).
    Sideline (or if you prefer, Wait)

#1544     Nov 17, 2019
    WchPl likes this.
  5. WchPl

WchPl

Of course, you're right. I know that. It was implicit for me. Thank you for the reminder !

#1545     Nov 17, 2019
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

@Sprout does that EXPLICIT stuff all the time!
    I actually learned to appreciate it! It does make "worded" explanations more precise, and helps build memory. At least for me. Just sayin.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    #1546     Nov 17, 2019
  7. WchPl

WchPl

Should have said " it was implicitely known by me".

That said, I've always given the best I could to explicitate was was implicit in what JH said. I never had to learn to appreciate this, it's by nature that I appreciate explicit things, thus why this Journal is a path along which one can see tons of posts explicitating and clearing fuzzy areas, by adequate words, in order to read what is between the lines or subject to interpretation. If you add the fact english is a language very very far from my native one, it made the path incredibly harder. Worded explanations more precise is what I've always worked on. We are two thinking/knowing it helps building memory ;)

#1547     Nov 17, 2019
  8. WchPl

WchPl

I think the most important in this post is, sorted by decreasing importance :

- Am I wrong when I say you seem to say exploring SCT, PVT and SSR is a necessity for trading with RDBMS method ?*
    - I don't know what to do with those oanes of YM 2M and the 30min ES charts, so I don't know what is the goal of using them nor what is to be done with them
    -I just feel like if I was going out from the gym, after a +5years session !! A bit tired, aching...
    - That's why, along last days I've considerably reduced my work intensity and hours, while also trying to do as much as I can, fun activities, light things, sleeping a lot, and taking the time for doing simple stuffs.

* I DD this is not a requirement. It's something that I can HONE, not even refine, but HONE. And this was adressed to me before "if you do not have money enough or don't feel confident enough for transition to live trading". This means I'm maybe not advanced expert yet, but if live trading with money has been discussed the way it has been, it must be that I'm ready to always be profitable, at the very least. Maybe not able to win the average 20/25 points a day everyday, but surely around 10/15 as a minimum. Anyway, I just see and can feel it.

#1548     Nov 17, 2019
  9. WchPl

WchPl

I've taken the time to thinka about it AND I've discussed about it with a neutral person.

Things and next step appear now crystal clear to me. I know what I have to be and do.

See you tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    #1549     Nov 17, 2019
  10. WchPl

WchPl

This is currently the best I can do with what I have, to best fit with what is required.
    What I suspect, with the risk of being wrong, is that the same work as on ES5min chart is to be done on 30min and the YM when a turn arrives on 5min chart. This would support carving turns.
    Plus, I see I do not have the 2min timeframe available for now, this may deal with the fact I do not have subscribed to Tradingview yet. Thus why I put the 3min.

#1550     Nov 18, 2019