Making JH' SCT and all his material alive

Discussion in 'Journals' started by WchPl, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Sprout

Sprout

Comments within quoted text.

#1531     Nov 12, 2019
  2. WchPl

WchPl

Thank you very much.
    I understand then that, as I need to have a tri-pane it means I must subscribe to pro+ cause pro lets only see 2 markets per tab. Am I correct ?

a.png

And concerning the datas, I'm not sure which datas has the ES and the YM while being also the minimum. You said between 20/30$, so is that COMEX Emini ? CBOT Emini?
    datas.png
    And is it a sum I have to add to the 29.95$ mensual from pro+ ? That would be 54$ a month ?

I am new to that, and I don't understand very well how this works. As you know, I have the strict minimum for living, so the money I will spend on this must come from sureness. I must be sure of what I pay, cause for me, today, 54$ even though I can pay it, is a lot of money for me each month. I hope you will be comprehensive.

#1532     Nov 13, 2019
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

You did not read @Sprout post...

Many brokerages (in the USA) waive or greatly reduce the platform fee. Minimum data fee for minis, micros, and a substantial number of other globex products is $20 or less... but you have to have a funded brokerage account.

Without a funded brokerage account you will pay all platform fees and data fees directly to Tradingview, and will not be eligible for any waivers.

#1533     Nov 13, 2019
  4. WchPl

WchPl

#1534     Nov 14, 2019
  5. Sprout

Sprout

You're gonna need a funded account to get to the next phase on the above branch. If you don't have funds to open an account, there's no need to go real-time in data nor open a brokerage account. As for what's required to fund it, start with the minimum.

There's other stuff that you can hone if you feel increasing your costs isn't something you want to do right now or if you don't have the confidence to transition to live trading.

As for the data plan, whatever is appropriate for your geographical region. You can also noodle around the CME group courses and lessons on what the basics are around futures. You should know the basics of what you are trading.

#1535     Nov 14, 2019
    WchPl likes this.
  6. WchPl

WchPl

y)
    I do have the necessary for that. I just need to be sure about how this works. I can't let myself to waste any $. It's simple. I just do not want to pay something I had not to.
    What are you refering to ?

No no, no problem, I feel confident enough. It's just a matter of basics things that I don't know about platforms, brokers, futures etc. I've always focussed on the method, not the concret tools and markets to operate with/on.

That said, I'm not clear yet with what is missing for me to be on the right side of the market at any time, the exception is that I need the tri-pane which will make me able to "drill up and down from coarse to finer view" and "carve turns" to use your words. I know there's the IF1/IF2 APA also, but I've read a post from JH where he explains it explicitely, and it seem clear to me. Maybe this is part of the remaining things that I can hone ?
    On my last sessions, I see clearly that if I enter at the very first EE of the RTH, and then stick to only hold/reverse with reverse being done at each EE (which is my comprehension of the advanced expert behavior and it is maybe wrong or I am at the moment maybe not ready for that, you can say), then I lose many times many points. Sometimes at the end of the day, I am positive, sometimes not at all. This is not the result expected nor described. So I know for sure and DD I need finer view and this must deal with the tri pane, the DOM etc., the IF1/IF2 APA that I surely can't apply correctly althougb my understanding of it may be good...among things.

You know me, you know I'm ready to do what is needed. I'm at the moment trying to familiarize myself with Tradovate, learning lessons on the basics, and searching for what is not yet in my pocket for...the big dive.

Yeah, I need to learn the basics and that's what I'm currently doing.

#1536     Nov 14, 2019
  7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

@WchPl

The address that you will use to open your brokerage account... What COUNTRY is that??

#1537     Nov 14, 2019
  8. WchPl

WchPl

FRANCE !

#1538     Nov 14, 2019
  9. WchPl

WchPl

Well, after some days of studies I've increased quite nicely my knowledge on the basics around what I will trade. Concerning money for opening an account, I won't be able to put the minimum on Tradovate (250$) until January.
    As a result, I will use the rest of November and December for :

1) honing some details
    2) making a list of items I know that exist and that I don't know if I know them
    3) making a list of items I have some doubts on
    4) creating the definitive version of my EE's matrix
    5) doing as many logs as I can both in hindsight and in real-time
    6) familiarizing myself with Tradovate

#1539     Nov 17, 2019
  10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

@WchPl

I asked what country your account will be in for a reason. It may sound like a slam on Tradovate but it is not. It is merely pointing out (at least) one difference that many new-comers don't think to ask or consider. I won't turn this into an off-topic discussion however, as plenty of other posts on ET exist.

From Tradovate FAQ...
    "Reduced day margins are currently available from 6:00 PM EST to 4:45 PM EST. A full list of the day margin rates can be found on our margins page."

This may be a very important factor for your live trading!!

As an aside, since you mention the initial funding, you may want to consider AMP futures, which has a smaller account opening requirement AND allows day margins any time the market is open, except the last 5 minutes of a trading session. TV is also available free of charge through AMP with a funded account.

HTH

#1540     Nov 17, 2019
    WchPl and Sprout like this.