Making JH' SCT and all his material alive

Discussion in 'Journals' started by WchPl, Apr 25, 2018.

1. WchPl

WchPl

Hi to everyone

I want to humbly, friendly and honestly give a general THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all the participants of that thread, that provide me/us high quality answers.

Thank you very much to all of you for your help, support, patience and generosity; it is more than appreciated by me.

I had been asbolutely alone in this work for almost 5 years, before starting that thread.

It's emotionally quite strong for me as I found myself now helped and supported. It was hard to do this alone, your help is a deliverance for me.

I will divide my work time by two for the next 3 or 4 days, so I will not work more than 4-5 hours, in order to "enjoy" a bit of rest. I feel it's necessary.

So in a few hours I'll post all I can do for today, and will be much more active next week.

Wish to all of you guys the best orders and day.

One more time, I am very gladful of your help...

#101     May 24, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  2. @WchPl

I looks like there are four of us who have been around for a long time. I think since you were overwhelmed maybe we need to build out a curriculum. My suggestion is to look only at the VTP if you continue with Jack's later work. I assume you have the 10 prices cases down cold. After you know how to follow the VTP automatically( not needing to refer to the one pager) then you can work on turns, and the 4 types of trends. THEN you can use the Modrian table and the move reversal table.

Jack's prime directive in my view was to stop traders from "learning failure". As soon as you do not know that you know, no matter how simple, stop the process and go back to OOE's.

Break it into pieces that you can digest. If you do not know when a P1 is, then just work on P1 placement. If you do not know how to place your first P1, then go back further and learn to find an FTT. You can start with just one or two a day. Everyone learns differently, and the people helping you now are people who have been reading Jack for a long time. This very act begins to differentiate the mind. If you are not there, do not fret. Just slow it down. You will get it. The bad news is that you have to do the drills, and some of them will eat up a lot of your weekend.

For example, let's say you can't find where to put the P1 because you really don't know how to find an FTT. This means you don't know The Pattern, which is the first question that I asked you when I joined. There is nothing wrong with knowing that you don't know. This is a Failsafe in and of itself. And with every Failsafe, we just get out.

We go back to a point where we no longer know that we know. We build out until we know that we know. Try to take a very blue collar approach. Get your hard hat, come to work. If there is a machine that you are not comfortable with, do not operate that machine until you are.

Go back and look at the things you say you stink at. This is what you said:

You're right, Thanks a lot ! It's a concept I've read and heard, but never gave it much time on study.

My list is now :

I feel horrible with

- VTP (filling the VTP cells in the Log)
    - Bands
    - the context given by a Lateral price case
    - End Effects

So this is what has gone wrong, you let a list of things you feel horrible with grow to more than one element. I chose the first thing and said, do this only!

I will call us the Four Horsemen. As time passes, we will help you know that you know.

#102     May 24, 2018
    Sprout, Simples and WchPl like this.
  3. WchPl

WchPl

@Sprout, what do you mean ? do you talk about the bar numbers on the chart in order to facilitate the debriefs ? cause I put them, 30 by 30. If you did not see them, all good, if not, what am I missing ?

Here may resides the most robust "way of thinking" I have to change. My rigidity. Thanks a lot for putting some light on it.

Gonna post about this today

I'm already happy that I know I'll be part of the first side : those who attempt and DO what is required.

I will work on the two points you mentionned, even though I don't understand for now how I do rev chron. It will come.
    Thank you for this synthesis. I note it. And I'm taking into acount the rest of your post. Thanks a lot that you wrote it.

#103     May 24, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  4. Sprout

Sprout

Repeat. You'll have to use bar numbers to point out what you are referring to.

#104     May 24, 2018
  5. Sprout

Sprout

After you check for repeat of the same event on the OOE and log a false, then you check for a repeat in each prior event cell in reverse chronological order, ie. from the present to the past. Being mindful of the event ranges in the OOE, ie. P1's do not come after a T1 only a P2 can. Once logging a P2, a P1 again becomes possible as the next event provided that it's conditions are met. A P1 coming after a P2 puts one in the A-band EE's. A-band are bar clusters >= 4 bars. If it's greater than 4 bars it's due to a wait intermixed in the bar cluster.

#105     May 24, 2018
    WchPl, JamesRoscoe and Simples like this.
  6. WchPl

WchPl

I'm not sure I understand what you talk about, but I will see by myself soon. No need to bother more.

Thank you for this explanation, I'll work on it.

I have not the necessary conditions to post my today's work. I'll post it tomorrow, until then , best wishes, orders and iterative refinement to all of you guys ;)

#106     May 24, 2018
    JamesRoscoe and Simples like this.
  7. Good morning WchPl.

The ES is a good bit into the day. I wanted to give you an AHA moment. As you are logging, your events tab will lead the other tabs in your log if you are following every bar. Volume events lock in before a price bar closes. This is how you know that you know. The VTP gives a certain path to follow. You will have two or three minutes to ADA because the monitoring volume will quickly narrow down the options that are possible.

#107     May 25, 2018
    WchPl and Simples like this.
  8. WchPl

WchPl

Hi everyone

I apologize for my absnece lastly. After 12 hours at the emergency service, I have to recover my health as I am quite strongly ill. Nothing grave, but serious enough to unable me to work or do anything but sleep and naps for the next 2 days. I will be then absent until the middle/end of the week.

Until then, best wishes to all of you.

#108     May 28, 2018
    JamesRoscoe likes this.
  9. Simples

Simples

Sad to hear. Get strong and well again soon!

#109     May 28, 2018
    JamesRoscoe and WchPl like this.
  10. Sprout

Sprout

One of Jack older debriefs,... The op's text is in bold, Jack's comments are the text descriptions.

hendrix original annotated to correct more errors.jpg

#110     May 30, 2018
    WchPl and JamesRoscoe like this.