Making full time trading viable

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Truth Searcher, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Funny..

#61     Jun 15, 2019
  2. Many thanks for your thoughtful comments. I particularly like the idea of organic growth, and not funding the venture from third parties - if at all possible..

Family dependents tend to rule out living on a tin of beans a day and renting rooms out. I built a business before from scratch on this basis but that was way back before I got married and had kids..

I will work towards building the funds required in some way, regardless of the barriers - thanks again- I think the key is to build live track record no matter what

#62     Jun 15, 2019
  3. Many thanks for your comments and suggestions- trading evenings is definitely something that might work and/or early morning. I will investigate this. Working with a small basket of markets might work well with compressed trading hours.

#63     Jun 15, 2019
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Easier than Eating Pancakes!!!

#64     Jun 15, 2019
  5. easymon1

easymon1

Mark Douglas, (Trading in the Zone), is said to have traded a blood simple Bond Futures opening strategy for two hours every morning and that was that for the day. Markets worldwide could help you trade during their prime time and work around your job's hours. Please leave some money for the rest of us.
    trading chairs 749.jpg

#65     Jun 17, 2019
  6. %%
    Since by far most of the money/millionaires made in stocks;
    is made on longer time frames, maybe that is a word to the wise.The Market Makers Edge,book by Joshua Lukeman, may help- but he uses 6 month candle charts.But ignore his fractions daytrade bid/ask spread LOL.:D:D,:D:D:D:D:D:D Your wife like to trade??

#66     Jul 17, 2019
  7. ironchef

ironchef

The test for @Truth Searcher is: If he hangs around after realizing he might not get funded here on ET.

A very common path for some of us amateur retails was holding a day job, trading/investing on the side until one day we cut the cord. If OP is willing to do that, we welcome him into our family.

#67     Jul 30, 2019