Making full time trading viable

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Truth Searcher, Jun 14, 2019.

1. guru

guru

Hey, don’t call me Truth Searcher now, as that is your name. Haha.

#21     Jun 14, 2019
  2. easymon1

easymon1

It will be worth it. Yes it will. It's just what you need.

#22     Jun 14, 2019
  3. jl1575

jl1575

"This particular strategy cannot be automated, and requires screen watching 7 hours a day 5 days a week. "

So you need:

1) someone to fund the trading account
    2) Someone to watch the screen 7 hours a day to trade it

Since it is a manual and discretionary strategy, how can you teach/make sure someone is trading the same way and have the same positive outcome, lets assume your strategy is positive in your hand?

#23     Jun 14, 2019
  4. Magic

Magic

Another thread that reads just like the usual ones. The lack of receptivity can be seen almost a priori. You’ve gotten a block of very similar advice from a diverse group of posters but you aren’t ready to hear it. So what was the point of asking for advice?

You perceived judgement; yet I was careful to speak of probabilities; it’s a fact that someone with above-average intelligence and work ethic who has no working capital saved up is very likely mis-allocating their time/effort/focus.

If you happen to have an outlier run of bad circumstances that have left you with nothing despite optimal efforts, then you have my condolences. After seeing enough of the same cycle this thread has taken I tend to take a stronger stance against this narrative when I do decide to chime in.

Wish you good fortune despite our difference of opinion here.

#24     Jun 14, 2019
    Real Money, expiated and guru like this.
  5. Hi - I will be doing the screen watching, no current plans to train others for this role, but could be an option for future. The key is to provide sufficient funding for the account so that the returns are meaningful. Thanks.

#25     Jun 14, 2019
  6. jl1575

jl1575

So you just need sufficient capital and you will trade it by yourself? but you have a full time job, right? how can you watch 7 hours a day, that is tough.

#26     Jun 14, 2019
  7. jl1575

jl1575

If you think your signals are good, how about sell your signals through those services to generate subscription fee; and if it is really good you can get substantial income from the subscriptions, so you can trade your strategy completely on your own capital.

#27     Jun 14, 2019
  8. qlai

qlai

What about passing one of those trading challenge things to get funded? That way, you can secure enough funding prior to quitting job.

#28     Jun 14, 2019
  9. Certainly something to consider. Although scalable, I would be concerned if too many end up using the signal that it may reduce its efficacy.

Ballpark what would subscription typically be?

#29     Jun 14, 2019
  10. Great suggestion- thanks. Do you know of any that don’t have a short term focus?

#30     Jun 14, 2019