Making full time trading viable

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Truth Searcher, Jun 14, 2019.

1. guru

guru

Lots of great answers already, so I’d only say that if it cannot be automated then it cannot be tested and verified, for example over the past 10 or 20 years. No sane investor would or should invest in something that cannot be scientifically verified, and this is not even an investable strategy when using various norms and standards. While in Europe it wouldn’t even be legal to setup a fund using such strategy.
    And no honest trader would or should vouch for a strategy that wasn’t extensively tested and confirmed scientifically. So search for the truth Truth Searcher and present the real truth once you find it. Don’t just present some assumptions and good feelings about a strategy that “cannot be automated”.

#11     Jun 14, 2019
  2. Leaving aside the off-putting tone of your reply, some comments:-

1. Just because I haven’t given you other data points or analytics, doesn’t mean I don’t have them.

2. Without understanding my full background, experience and circumstances you are not in a position to judge if I am managing my resources optimally.

3. My advice would be not to judge so quickly - no one has a monopoly on the markets.

#12     Jun 14, 2019
    #13     Jun 14, 2019
  4. One or two weeks trading is not worth it - expectation for the process needs to be grinded out over an extended period and over many trades.

#14     Jun 14, 2019
  5. Hi and thanks for your thoughts- trust me I have thought about all of your points in great detail!

#15     Jun 14, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  6. A strategy doesn’t have to be automated to be tested. It can be extensively tested manually and the forward tested live. Also, no amount of previous historical data live or otherwise can truly predict future results. Rigorous and scientific testing can take different forms. Would suggest you open your mind to other perspectives and approachs

#16     Jun 14, 2019
  7. fan27

fan27

What is the intra-day margin requirement of the British pound and how much capital do you currently have to trade?

#17     Jun 14, 2019
  8. guru

guru

This has nothing to do with my mind. This is what is expected and required of me, and of any professional. What you just said is a mumbo jumbo that scam artists say, though I believe you’re genuine. No one will or should treat you professionally with this type of bs. You can’t do rigorous and scientific testing by going through 3650 days with a pencil and writing some numbers. Or if you can then the strategy can be automated. And people automate strategies that are 1000x more complex, analyzing and trading full universe of tradable instruments every millisecond. You just don’t seem to be interested in finding the truth at all, which now makes me understand why you’re always “searching” for it :)

#18     Jun 14, 2019
  9. From memory the full margin is around 2400 usd. Drops to 1200 usd past 1300 local Irish time.
    Current capital that can be deployed is 30,000 usd

#19     Jun 14, 2019
  10. 10 years of data can be built on a spreadsheet. Trust me I have done it. Not automated..Very few really have the truth and I suspect you are not one of them.

#20     Jun 14, 2019