Making deposits

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by marrol, Jun 6, 2002.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

tell visa to send you visa check which work just like regular bank check, accept everywhere.

#11     Jun 7, 2002
  2. matthew

matthew

Nkhoi,

A visa check has the same problems as direct visa funds. Ownership of funds.

Rules for accepting money for futures trading are pretty strict.

#12     Jun 8, 2002
  3. Why not go to the bank and buy a cashier's check and mail that?

:eek:

#13     Jun 8, 2002
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

Hi Matt,
    I have no trouble using the visa check at all, it look like a bank check and it works like a bank check. Another way is open a netbank.com or firstunion.com account, deposite visa money into the account and then issue check from there. Depending on how strict your company policies are, I will bet I can comply with them by utilize all of firstunion.com features.

#14     Jun 8, 2002
  5. Try going to a place like bidpay.com which is owned by westerm union I think. You pay them by credit card and they send a money order to whoever you want on your behalf. So you can use VISA but the broker gets a money order.

#15     Jun 9, 2002
  6. marrol

marrol

Unfortunately, The BidPay service is intended only for auction payments... :(

#16     Jun 9, 2002
  7. matthew

matthew

As of May 15th, due to some rule changes following the USA Patriot Act, futures brokers have tightened the rules regarding the ownership of funds. I can only accept funds which are directly titled to a customer account of the same name. If someone deposits funds in an account named to themselves, and then sends them to me from that account, then my requirements are satisfied.

#17     Jun 10, 2002
  8. if bidpay.com does not work, try the new one called moneymover.com

#18     Jun 10, 2002
  9. wild

wild

marrol,

get in touch with the German CITIBANK ... they´ll take care of you

www.citybank.de

in order to find the most convenient of their 30 branches in Berlin alone go to

www.citybank.de/germany/service/kontakt/1_1.asp

and just type "Berlin" (without the " ") or any other German city in the "Ort:" box & click on "Absenden" ... a click on "Karte" produces a map.

regards

wild

#19     Jun 10, 2002