Making 2 mio $ at Worldco ....

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lojze, Jun 20, 2002.

1. lojze

lojze

Unbelievably, that so small amount of traders is profitable. Hard to believe, when considering that in prop firms should be really the best traders.

Am I wrong?
    Or maybe there is still one reason, that the best traders are NOT in prop firms?
    Are they then trading via retail brokers?

Lojze

#11     Jun 21, 2002
  2. I can't verify that statistic...I think there is a shakeout going on, taking out the weaker hands; the learning curve seems to be steepening on the serious traders; a friend described the bear market of the early 70's as a time when traders literally broke down and cried at their desks...

I think some of the best are at prop firms. And some of the best trade retail. I don't think it matters where you trade. You're going to have to learn your chops one way or the other.

This business pays extraordinarily when times are good...it's entitled to take a little back once in a while.

#12     Jun 21, 2002
  3. why are so many people concerned about what OTHER people are making?
    The market is there. Go and get it.
    (or play golf. which is what I'm doing on this triple witch day:cool: )

#13     Jun 21, 2002
  4. You may find the best pure level2/nyse individual scalpers at prop firms, but you can be assured the best equity traders working for billion dollar hedge funds will be utilizing far more than 'time & sales' to implement trades.

#14     Jun 21, 2002
  5. well said uptick.

#15     Jun 21, 2002
  6. Without an edge you can't win.

In this business the one distinguishing difficulty is that the competition to complete the transaction(get filled) is a MUCH larger determination on whether you can EVEN attempt to make a profit.

The only way around this is to employ a trading strategy which is less dependent on getting filled.

Figure out a strategy that works and let me know...

#16     Jun 21, 2002
  7. Play golf on this triple witch day> You gotta be nuts....Did you see all the trades this morning??? Too many to handle.

#17     Jun 21, 2002
  8. Are these your lines or are you getting them out of a book or something. It's great.....you missed your calling.

#18     Jun 21, 2002
  9. Those are pretty good lines:cool:

#19     Jun 21, 2002
  10. Registered: May 2002

i get a lot of practice...:D

it's an adaptation of something Ace Greenberg said: "You can't eat like an elephant and crap like a canary."

#20     Jun 21, 2002