Make your money work for you

Discussion in 'Trading' started by coolweb, Dec 15, 2005.

1. AgaHill,
    It sure is :D

To make large amounts of money, you need to be thinking to a tune where everybody thinks you areretarded.

Case in this thread.

So I hope everybody understood the term make the money work for you, the answer has been detailed in the thread.
    Any further elaboration would require your brain to be working.

I like posting stuff like this, just how the predecessors like scientist/dphoenix/lefty use to do it.

Free knowledge for the people who know how to use it.

For the rest, well they already know why they still make peanuts :)

#31     Dec 19, 2005
  2. I agree with you regarding coolweb's idiotic and delusional state of mind but please bring up better examples like Soros.

Manipulative scumbag bastards do not exactly go into that equation. Blowing up your competitors to keep a stranglehold monopoly on the working class is not smth you should advise others to follow. Let's be real, the richest ppl in this country and possibly the world, are old money that never have to really work a day in their life. They have their money working for them and are set for life and their kin is set for life. In fact, Vanderbuilt, Carnegie & Rockefeller did put their businesses on cruise control after extracting their fortunes throught their monopolies and oligopolies and after the gov regulations got harsher and cracked them down. Look at their families now, still loaded and chilling, never having to work a day in their lives.

There are millions of ppl that work hard and bust their ass their whole lives just to end up broke and broken down. It's more than that, hard work and perspiration are generic. Like the saying goes, work smart not hard.

#32     Dec 19, 2005
  3. You are right Hydro, but Coolwuss doesnt have a father with Rockefellers or Vanderbilts wealth to live off of so being lazy isnt going to work to his advantage :D.

Agree, working smart is essential though.

#33     Dec 19, 2005
  4. bighog

bighog Guest

The crowd is not always wrong, witness the last internet bubble. How about the super trends of the past qtr century? Actually the crowd is "RIGHT" when following the super trends: as example; FEED THE BULL.

Where the winners in a bubble go wrong from trend following and what separates the real traders/ investor types from the is not the trend but the tops and bottoms of the trends. It is not difficult to follow the crowd, the difficulty for beginners and "BUBBLE" folks is when the worm turns.

Thats where the problems begin: How many of you out there remember anyone you knew that stated to you: "I do not open the monthly statements anymore". I bet most of you heard that from someone, maybe even you said it also. I heard it from even my sister.

So if you want your money to work for you, know what the game is and how it is played, but the crowd is surely not always wrong....................................They just might not know how to trade..................:D

PS, this is not off topic, it is about making money......correct? Maybe you have some statements in your drawer you still have not opened......:D junkyard or something like that....:)

Besides, there are a million threads in this elite forum. they let threads be started a dime a dozen. The numbers must be impressive to the advertisers......:D

55,551 to be exact.....So please excuse me please for not dribbling through all those to say me piece..............lets all get along, take it out on the dog, they will still love ya....Man's best friend....

#34     Dec 19, 2005
  5. Ah yes another off topic post, however you do not compete with the likes of TrendyMohawk.

#35     Dec 19, 2005
  6. Forget CoolWhip, he isn't worth your time and anyone who actually takes that troll seriously is either gullible or too trustworthy of the "elite" in EliteTrader.

There is an interview with Bill Gates where he was asked about his success. Now I do not approve the slightest bit of Bill Gates and his Microsoft monopoly and the scumbag practices but the man spoke words of wisdom. He said that first of all, he was very lucky to be in the right place at the right time, but then he was smart enough to work his ass off to succeed in it and beat out his opponents (even if he did do some f**ked up sh*t). Note that he dropped out of Harvard to start up Microsoft and get into the field.

#36     Dec 19, 2005

7. Don't talk trash in my thread you little piker who's been around since 2004 and still has a hard time making $300 a day if anything.

Since we both know who can trade better, Lets just keep your mouth shut before you make a fool of yourself ok?

Anybody who reads your post can know its coming out from a poor mans mouth

all this "bad things done to other companies" moralistic bullshit.

In fact If I was your boss or competitor, I'd bankrupt your ass / laugh in your face for kicks / while sending you a get well card by fedex.

You have no freakin idea how players like me operate.

We run loop games around you peasantlike who's still wondering why companies are so bad and do such evil things.

"I do not approve of bad things"

"why they do bad things to us? We just trying to make a living" - hydroblunt

:D :D

LOLLOLOLOL

#37     Dec 20, 2005
  8. Ok Coolweb thats enough banter.. Lets keep your thread on topic, impersonal, and cordial, or I am sacraficing this one to chit chat.

#38     Dec 20, 2005
  9. Shazbatz

Shazbatz

Would someone please figure out a way to keep these children out of here?

#39     Dec 20, 2005
  10. back on track....

I agree somewhat with CW. on this topic.

I believe in the whole "work smarter not harder" thing and think that laziness is a factor in the trading game even though many have argued otherwise. We trade from our homes to avoid all the stressed out, fast paced, bull that goes on in a typical corporate environment to relax by doing something we like when we want and with our decisions. That is in sense leading towards laziness. But it seems as though a lot of people don't know anything other than all-out, always have to be learning, researching, watching, etc while they trade. When it comes down to it...it only takes a few hours of focus to make decisions upon your next day's begining decisions. And while you have open trades, there is not always a need to sit and watch every 1min bar that spits out at you and anaylze and formulate your strategy.

The more complete your system is, the more freedom for laziness you have:)

RT

by the way, I would think that auto-trading systems are the true lazyman's route:p

#40     Dec 20, 2005