Make your money work for you

Discussion in 'Trading' started by coolweb, Dec 15, 2005.

1. this is like online charades!
    my turn!

ummmmm,

hallicinations about dollar bills in cubicle farms?

#11     Dec 16, 2005
  2. Nice,
    I see we have at least one person who gets it.

Was begining to think everybodys in piker dreamland or something.

I'm glad someone gets it.

I will elaborate, When you start searching for cataylsts to start the shaking of money trees, You only need to exploit it once to keep the money tree flowing.

Many people are trying to exploit the money tree constantly when in reality, if you look around, big money only needs to be shaken once. Oranges are only harvested one season not everyday.Also you can not shake a banana tree and expect coconuts. Precison for choosing trees are important.
    Precision comes from shaking trees constantly in the beginining to develop skills.

When you advance, you start to notice:

Everytime you shake a tree requires much effort, why waste energy. Energy should be preserved, just like time, spent on the highest risk rewards.

Lots of people think shaking is a something they must do, but unfortunately, In the financial game, Leverage is plentiful. Capital comes to skills if you don't have.

You do not need to shake everyday unless your speciality is shaking which some people are. They can continue their methods because it works for them.

The most important thing is,
    time, how much time do you have?

Where will you spend it on.

Everybody can make money collecting cans and recycling them for 5 cents.
    Lots of people yell

"It makes money, It makes money"

But is it smart usage of time and effort? There are exceptions to the king of can collectors of course.

I am not a king collector though, I'm just a trader who's trying to work less, make more.

These are just ideas for the people who are looking to expand their game. If you don't understand, just don't bother.

#12     Dec 16, 2005
  3. Thanks for your sage advice.

I've learned a great deal here today, mate.

#13     Dec 16, 2005
  4. Which is precisely why you will have major problems ever making any real money in this business. Just like anything worth doing in life, the competition to be great, to do great things will require total dedication. Total dedication requires a ridiculous amount of time and energy as well as constant self-evaluation and self improvement. Success in the markets is not for the lazy, the lazy ones are always gobbled up and spit out of the game.

#14     Dec 16, 2005

5. I only become lazy after the engine has been started up. I don't do grunt work. After the engine has started, I try to be as lazy as possible because money is made through the mind, not through grunt work.

It has done me very very well in life. Sorry to dissapoint :)

Don't believe me? Just ask your boss who's taking your cut while sipping coffee and playing mindsweeper on his computer :)

#15     Dec 16, 2005
  6. Once again, this is a major reason why you wont succeed unless you change. Do you think Rockefeller or Carnegie ever put their businesses on cruise control? Hell no! They worked their asses off even after they were filthy rich because they were incredibly driven. What about Soros or Stevie Cohen? Nope, they dont take it easy either even though their "engine" has been started.

It seems to me you are the kind of person that constantly falls for the "get rich quick schemes". The "turn key" money making pyramid schemes that sound so enticing.

I hate to break it to you, but if you want to ever seriously succeed at anythnig, you have to bust your ass all the time.

#16     Dec 16, 2005
  7. You know Steve, thats fine. Everybody has their own work methologies. Working hard is great.

I just don't like to work hard everyday. Its like driving a racecar with nitro, I'm not going to hit nitro every single second the whole race. Nitro at the most important times, Startup times, Finish times.

Thats great you want to work hard every single day, Only makes you more money , As long as you have the energy to keep it up.
    All good.

#17     Dec 16, 2005
  8. Heres an example:

I traded one stock today , once. @ around 10:50 short

CCL

One shot One kill, $1.4k with only 1000 shares (pretty small size for me because of risk related to index)

Took me about , I'd say 5 minutes to review after noticing it on my alerts. Went to take a shit after it priced away from my entry. Stop Breakeven.

Thats money.

How many hours you work today buddy?

#18     Dec 16, 2005
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

I see we can easily branch out to 'low hanging fruit method', next.

#19     Dec 16, 2005
  10. congratulations coolweb

so you learned how to trade and used that success to turn yourself into a complete jerkoff, a parasitic blight on the rest of humanity.

#20     Dec 16, 2005