Make your goals/predictions here for 2019...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tradesuperstocks, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Sounds like someone needs to set up their own journal thread to express themselves. *wink*

#21     Jan 4, 2019
  2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Nah not going to make it a habit, I wouldn't want it to influence my trading. Just blowing off some steam, apologies.

#22     Jan 4, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I dunno' man, it may actually help you. To me, I do not see why having a public journal would influence your trading performance? But that's just me I suppose.

(And since ET does not have a true "mudpit" section where we can truly blow off steam, we can do so in a journal, but with a bit more moderation in content. Cannot hurt to try?)

#23     Jan 4, 2019
  4. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

The thing is, invariably people would post their opinions on markets in there, which in turn would impact my decision making subconsciously even if I tried to avoid it. To be fair this is also the case in other parts of the forum (even this thread), but it's easier to avoid when people remain strangers (whom I instinctively distrust unlike people "I know"). If I could be a stranger to myself it would help. :D

#24     Jan 4, 2019
  5. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Or what the heck, I might try it and quit if I see it muddying my thinking. I do have a journal to myself on Google Drive since a few years so I could simply write here instead.

#25     Jan 4, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Exactly. Reading anything about markets anywhere will involve an opinion, so thus will subconsciously affect your decision making. (I did not have that problem to any great degree in my journal, and won't again once I get back to it. But when I was doing it, I felt it to be a great help to me. But everyone's mind is different.) Since I'm used to online forum stuff, I'm used to how the delicate interplay of stranger interaction and personal fortitude mesh together. It is a mess. I guess you'll choose to have a journal here if and when you feel good and ready. Looking forward to it.

Trying to drown out other opines about markets while in front of your trading computer can be likened to flying...When you want to not hear what others around you are saying, just wait until takeoff. Then you can't hear shit.

That is why I fly in my head. Teehee.

#26     Jan 4, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Sure, give it a whirl.

#27     Jan 4, 2019
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Exactly why I automated all my things.

#28     Jan 5, 2019
  9. volpri

volpri

Roaring bull market 2019 if politicians will leave Mr T alone and GOP backs him. Maybe roaring even if they don’t leave him alone because of the things he has already accomplished for the economy. Odds favor big move to upside in coming months..BIG..BIG..BIG..:fistbump::thumbsup::D

#29     Jan 5, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

This is something I missed, and wish to point out here...

STOP thinking about leverage when you are day trading. Isn't it margin requirements you should be worried about?

#30     Jan 5, 2019