Make $ w/ $2,000?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jasrlew, Jul 23, 2003.

1. chaos

chaos

This is a great question. Come on you experienced traders, how do you think you'd make out?

#11     Jul 23, 2003
  2. I started a 2k futures acct a few weeks ago, doing OK. Make sure you daytrade with tight stops. BTW, I work 40-50 hours a wk as well.

#12     Jul 23, 2003
  3. One hint from my experience, stick to pullbacks until you build up a little more capital. Trading breakouts can give you high drawdowns. I am scalping the ES on pullbacks right now, and my account is handling the losers just fine.

#13     Jul 23, 2003
  4. Ditch

Ditch

With $2000 you have no cushion for losses, but $5000 should do it for trading one e-mini. If you're new at that i suggest NQ or YM instead of ES.

#14     Jul 23, 2003
  5. no question YM is the vehicle for you. YM with global futures who require only $500.00 margin. www.daytrade4less.com

all the best to you,

surfer:)

#15     Jul 23, 2003
  6. ditaln1

ditaln1

YM is the mini dow?

#16     Jul 23, 2003
  7. jasrlew

jasrlew

Baggerlord:

Would you mind if I PM'ed you to learn a little more of your suggestion? Thanks

#17     Jul 23, 2003
  8. ditaln1

ditaln1

Sorry, had it as a different symbol on my quote system.. BUt, they are probablt right.. Day trading the mini dow is your best bet with 2k..

-I

#18     Jul 23, 2003
  9. I PM'd you.

#19     Jul 23, 2003
  10. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

If you dont have the capital then get a job in the industry - mail room, trader assistant, general lackey etc. You are kidding yourself if you think that 2K is going to multiply to 100K or more to get you into a decent sized trading account.

Come into this business when you have the capital and can make a full time committment to it as a real business. If you want a hobby then yes the 2K will provide you with hours of entertainment - but not much cash I'm afraid.

If I got wiped out I would raise capital to re-start the business: although after getting washed out it would certainly be tougher to convince an investor to put money behind a venture ....

#20     Jul 23, 2003