make some $$$ with forex guru

Discussion in 'Forex' started by newgptrader, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Where do these fools come from?

#21     Jul 25, 2013
  2. So let me get this straight you still trade forex after over 5years of trading and have not moved up to currency futures..okaaayyy

and even better you have such a great track record (by the way link us the collective2 so we may see other metrics that are as equally important like drawdown) and you are selling your system for less than $50.

You do realize there are people out there that trade currency futures or index futures that have their own website were they offer trade rooms, webinars, newsletters and charge north of $1000 a month and here you are with your holy grail system charging less than $50

What did you think you were going to accomplish here post a couple good trades where you don't indicate a SL and once it hits you say 'told you so, here is my link to my system'?.

I have a general distain for traders who claim to generate most of/all of their wealth from trading with track records that banks would kill for yet they still feel the need to peddle their system on sites for less than what fast food employees make a day.

If you want to be taken seriously with your marketing efforts in trying to get the word out and generate income by selling your system stop being a piker and do the following:

1 Build a website that does not look like you set it up on AOL or use wordpress as the site.

2. Spend some money on targeted campaigns advertising on various forex sites or brokers where traders will see you. Also you can purchase or build leads that can generate a pipeline of prospects

3. Partner up with a broker where you will be sponsored on their site and u can host webinars (mbtrading has a partner program that u should maybe look at along with NinjaTrader)

4.On your website have a fully third party audited Pnl where it shows your OWN account that is real money in order to verify your claims of returns.

5. use social media for cheap even free marketing where you post QUALITY content and not just say stupid crap like I make money trading go long this pair and that pair and forget about stop losses and you too can make money.

6. ever heard the term opportunity cost? the time you waste here posting trades on the sole purpose to generate traffic to your system you could be writing a great article on technical pattern setups for various pairs and posting it on the internet space w/ backlinks to your site thus generating more traffic.

#22     Jul 25, 2013
  3. I can't tell you how many people I see who claim to be these wealthy traders making all this loot trading their own accounts but still spend the majority of their waking days selling systems, teaching people how to trade during market hours, or simply going on forums during market hours and talking crap about their greatness.

For the love of god, you won't generate business here because all forums related to the markets is like going to a networking event. YOU ARE ALL IN THE SAME INDUSTRY TRYING TO PICK UP CLIENTS AT THAT METTING WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO DO THE SAME.

Spend some REAL money that you make from the markets and either get SERIOUS as a person and as a financial professional by doing the following.

1 Scrap your system that you sell for less than 50USD because people who see this and then see your claims of great wealth through the markets will know you are a sham or simply a joke.

2. Start a decent website that offers traders what they want which is decent content on trading setups, educational division for new traders, and an article here and there that discusses sub sectors of finance like investing without emotion.

3. Draw the papers up and start a CTA CPO RIA or LP or some other form of investment management company where you will be able to replicate the so called 2000%%%%% record but with real AUM

But based on what I have seen when trying to tell others this they come back with the mentality of

'I want to spend the least amount of money as possible through incorporation, designations, advertising/marketing, but I want to generate higher % of traffic to my website and company by regurgitating the same old crap everyone else is doing." This is the mentality of the trader/systems seller who claims to be a full time trader.

#23     Jul 25, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.