Make Me a Trader : documentary

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by marketsurfer, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Rrr

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

I haven't watched it but these guys are associated with Anton Kreil of "Million Dollar Traders" fame.

3. Interesting-- no idea who that is. British documentary, right?

4. Overnight

Overnight

If you have not watched this yet, why would you think some of us may want to watch it? Why not watch it first, and then determine if it is a good fit for people here? I glanced through it and saw some bits with people sitting at a roundtable with small laptops, swimming in pools, fishing, sitting in bars drinking who-knows-what.

Can you give us a synopsis before making us sit through 90 minutes of the thing? WHY do you think some of the folks here may want to watch it? WHY?

5. Anton Kreil seems good and i liked this video much:

But the Make me a trader show looks more like sect to me...

6. In short,the weekly time horizon discussed in the group is considered to be very short.If that helps...

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Yes a British tv series, where a hedgie hired guys/ gals with diverse backgrounds ( eg one guy had a PhD. and was a robotics researcher another was a working class bloke from Liverpool) and taught them trading with varying levels of success. Anton Kreil was the head instructor in that series.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    VPhantom likes this.
  8. sle

sle

9. Schmucks...they will all lose their trading accounts within three, six months tops o_O :confused:
    It takes a rare kind of person to really succeed fruitfully in this game. Most people are simply just spinning their wheels.

That's a tacky seminar/vacation package sold to dumb people...makes me cringe...watching those...sheep...getting lead to the slaughterhouse.

Most people who are good at what they do...can quickly size up the competition;
    If they are the real deal, or a dime a dozen flakes.

That's an old documentary -- I remember watching that years back, and basically every other trading documentary, on Youtube.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Van_der_Voort_4 and Zzzz1 like this.
  10. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

9m30s, the "mentor" flew cargo planes between the US and the Caribbean. I stopped watching shortly after.

Translation: I was a drug mule and flew the dollar pallets back during the hight of the Florida coke epidemic and now I teach some dudes trading theory who know even less than I do.

Those kind of docus are entertaining but I can't help to be reminded that good traders trade and those who can't, teach.

#10     Mar 16, 2017
    d08, JSOP and CBC like this.