Make Love Not War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Babak, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Rigel

Rigel

How are the 150,000 sick? It would either have to be cancer or radiation poisoning, in which case people's hair would be falling out and they'd be throwing up and loosing weight and dying by the droves etc.. In either case the symptoms are violent and striking. It would be a fucking nightmare and we'd all know about it. We're not hearing about it because it isn't happening, and the reason it isn't happening is because depleted uranium isn't dangerous (unless it's coming at you at 3500 feet per second). It's silly even to be arguing about it it's so ridiculous.

#41     Sep 27, 2002
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

How foolish of you to think that since you havent heard about it, it doesnt exist (you just heard it from me).....Have you ever heard of agent orange??? that was also swept under the rug, for quite sometime....

#42     Sep 27, 2002
  3. C'mon, you got your information from a TV pundit; hardly a credible source.

#43     Sep 27, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

Cubano, I think you're probably just a little gullible and that's ok.:)
    Odd thing about a lie and human nature. If the lie is told often enough many people will start to believe it's the truth.

#44     Sep 27, 2002
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Thats why we always go round in circles around here....im gullible and you are shooting facts out of your ass.......I have stated that I dont know whats the truth or not; no one knows not even you( the real motives or thruths)...so to make a statement like that shows me who the gullible one is.......:D

#45     Sep 27, 2002
  6. You only hedged after it was suggested the strong possibility that it was bogus. Here's your original claim and I see no hedge, you're pontificating as a believer:

"We never look at the cost of going to WAR......

On last nights O'reilly Factor there was an interview with retired Army Colonel David Hackworth that stated that our munitions in the Gulf War was the ...biggest friendly fire episode in the history of war.....Over 10,000 of our Gulf War Veterans have died and over 150,000 are sick from the uranium exposure which littered the battle field from our own munitions....yes our own......

Is it worth it I ask???? please think before answering.....

if this is true and it can happen again......is it worth it???"

#46     Sep 27, 2002
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

read the last statement in my original post......thank you...there is my hedge....

I am just saying if this can be true, is it worth it????
    I for one am a true believer that what you see and read may not be so true....I learned the hard way ....CASTRO

#47     Sep 27, 2002
  8. Is it worth it? What is it worth to you to prevent a future attack on the U.S. ? Nothing ? Just sit back and hope nobody you know is effected ?

Your answer is to do nothing and attack the President. That isn't an answer. That is self indulgent cop out, and it makes you part of the problem. WAKE UP.

#48     Sep 27, 2002
  9. I stand corrected as to when you hedged. But the spirit of your post was that it was true and a factor to consider in the consideration of going to war. You hardly posted it as if it was in the category of a debatable issue and your hedge was a minor afterthought.

#49     Sep 27, 2002
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

Who is attacking the President??....show me one post attacking him.....Im not saying we shouldnt do something ( i have to apologize for not having the answers) ....I am just asking a question.......U seem like a tough guy in the right age to go fight; why dont you wake up and enlist??? let me know how boot camp works out for ya........

#50     Sep 27, 2002