Make fun of this!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Smart Money, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Yeah, yeah. Pile it on...I can take it.

#11     Mar 23, 2009
  2. The market is giving back its gains, resuming the selling that should have started in earnest on Monday. If the markets are down 5% from yesterday's close (maybe between today and tomorrow combined), my chart's telling me it will keep moving down from there to correct from a couple weeks of rallying. Your mileage may vary.

SM

#12     Mar 24, 2009
  3. Yes. Confirmed.

#13     Mar 24, 2009
  4. Thanks, again. Hope you're getting the same answers through different methods. My 3-day holding expires tomorrow. I'm waiting to see how close we get to that line and which way we go thereafter to place a bet. Too dangerous either way since my time horizon is longer than most. Maybe I'll play half or something if I think I see something. Sorry this is turning into a journal.

On Friday we started to see Mr. Hyde. Over the weekend, the government threw some fairy dust on him, and now we have Dr. Jeckyl, who may be turning back into Mr. Hyde. I wanna see whether the fellow starts treating his medical patients or killing innocent bystanders before deciding how good the fairy dust works. One things for sure...if the market does turn south, its going to demoralize a lot of the less than sophisticated investors/IRA holders who are always longs. For that reason, I kinda hope I'm wrong and it moves up from here.

SM

#14     Mar 24, 2009
  5. Sorry! I was just pulling your leg. Do not take advice from the the Internet. Take any money that you have left and invest in real education.

#15     Mar 24, 2009
  6. I'm not taking advice. I'm giving it. I've (literally) paid my tuition and I've watched markets for 30 years...time to act. Wish that you had been serious but I appreciate the admission.

#16     Mar 24, 2009
  7. Check it out:

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=RUT

Three failed rallies today. Is this a head and shoulders? By my revised calculations, if we drop two more percent from right now, we'll ultimately keep going for days.

Hey, it takes guts to try and call it. Even if I'm wrong...takes guts.

SM

#17     Mar 24, 2009
  8. Heh, as an aside, Geitner was saying in his joint testimony that the Government needs a mechanism to shut down large firms. And hey, if you take a loan, the government may just tax you 90% if it doesn't like the way you do business. Scary, scary. Would *YOU* take a loan from a lender with that kind of attitude? What good is a bail out package if folks are scared to take it? Its like they're trying to kill the market.

#18     Mar 24, 2009
  9. Sorta looks like we're going to resume the overdue correction. But I stress that a trend won't be established unless the markets fall another percent or two tomorrow. If it does, I'm shorting.

SM

#19     Mar 24, 2009
  10. #20     Mar 24, 2009