Make a living trading FOREX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mjl, Mar 16, 2009.

1. mjl

mjl

Does anyone know a trader making a living trading FOREX?

Can it be done trading at home?

2. You can make a living trading anything from home - even trading comics.

The location doesn't matter, only if you know there is a market and you know what you are doing.

There are loads of posts on ET about trading forex - use the search and you'll get all the information you want and a lot you don't :)

3. mjl

mjl

I will study the FOREX posts.

However, not every game can be beat by an "outsider"... so my question is very real.

As a pro poker and blackjack player, I am curious about FOREX.

4. Nobody on ET makes a living with Forex. I would say 99% of the posters on this board are unemployed losers.

forex-forex

5. JDL

JDL

i agree, only 1% makes it and most of them are the bigger traders, very few small time players make it in this business, kind of like starting a business 90% fail within 2 years.

6. thedewar

thedewar

buy low sell high

7. Diego11

Diego11

You can also relate your'e forex trading to your'e stock trading.

Lets say a Japanesse Company for example and the Yen. You could trade these two together to profit from a currency movement and a stock price movement.

8. Surdo

Surdo

It's so easy a CAVEMAN can do it!

:D

9. One thing I don't understand is, how can the popularly touted statistic that over 90% of traders lose money in the market be correct?

If there is always a buyer for every seller and visa versa shouldn't that mean that at any given time half the people are holding a winning positions and the other half are losing?

In other words, why isn't the statistic 50% winners and 50% losers?

10. Winners buying from/selling to many people.

#10     Mar 20, 2009