Make +5% overnight in a single stock

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Bob Rowshan, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Technical analysis is alive ! Glad I have the ability to adapt. Whew & Amen.

#51     Apr 16, 2008
  2. Bootsie

Bootsie

quite the multi-year breakout on that one...

IBM

#52     Apr 16, 2008
  3. The secret play went very well today.....Been holding onto a fairly large chunk of LUFK...(about 2% of portfolio)...From mid march right below 60 was the purchase price.....

Today was a great day for a solid earnings report from LUFK....Dow up 250 points had a good bit to do with the steady rise throughout the day.....I doubled into to it fairly early today in the high 72.XX (4% of portfolio) and exited around 85% of position in the high 76.XX range....The fact that it didn't gap up shocked me as I thought that more people would of been playing this little guy....

Great day in the market today for me.....

Really loving those seismic companies like FTI, IO, DWSN, BOLT.....but just like every surge.....you got to know when to hold'em...So I thin the positions down.....((((Hint Hint....Ag. Fertilizers.....got a good 60% trimming today))))

Just letting you know what I was doing....Really loving the directional moves this market can make...Some days we go no where and some we go straight in one direction for 300 to 400 points either up or down...Good thing about those days is to sell/buy near the close....

$COSTAverageMAN

• lufk.png
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
    #53     Apr 16, 2008
  4. Congrats $cost ! Good analysis and i'm happy for you that you've been on the mark. Also impressed w your wide universe of stocks. Many of your names I don't follow.

isrg technically is at a double top, and w countless upside earnings surprises already, not sure if it can upside surprise forever. Believe that there may be post earnings downside here. will revisit before the close thursday.

#54     Apr 16, 2008
  5. isrg is a short into earnings. looking to make +5% or more on this baby.

#55     Apr 17, 2008
  6. covered @ $320.05

for +8.5% instant gratification !! This is fun ! The best feeling in the world is to recognize a pattern before everyone else, and then be proven correct.

tale of the tape
    ============

1) anf +2% (W)inner

2) mtb -4 5% (L)

3) isrg +8 5% (W)

#56     Apr 17, 2008
  7. Forgot to mention I'm picking GOOG for a big beat probably up > 10%.

:D

#57     Apr 17, 2008
  8. Congrats. I was looking to short but you never mentioned an entry price, so what are you covering?

#58     Apr 17, 2008
  9. This is the same English i've always used every time i've made an earnings play in a journal. The price is always understood to be the final 4pm price pre-announcement. Post was made before noon ET giving 4+ hours to decide for yourself.
    what am i covering? isrg stock at a huge profit.

#59     Apr 17, 2008
  10. Nice call! Wouldn't it be better to avoid ambiguity and post an entry price in the future?

#60     Apr 17, 2008