Majors by year's end

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Chood, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Chood

Chood

USD rising last few days vs YEN and Euro. This week's news -- US consumer sentiment and home sales (which meet definition of "next data points" in message above, from last week) -- changed the expectations.

#11     Sep 28, 2006
  2. Chood

Chood

Payrolls this Friday likely to be the most influential that number’s been in awhile. A strong consensus estimate met, or a surprise high of a tepid consensus, would push dollar above 118 yen with room to spare for awhile. Likewise, 150 Euro/yen becomes the floor, not the top.

#12     Oct 3, 2006
  3. Chood

Chood

A reminder to those playing at home: "ALL ABOARD!"

Unemployment falling, and wage growth above trend.

#13     Oct 6, 2006
  4. Chood

Chood

Prediction below, from last Tuesday, is bearing up pretty well. I see no reason for dollar to retreat prior to further advances. To be sure, versus the yen, I'm wagering the direction is one way for awhile.

#14     Oct 9, 2006
  5. Chood

Chood

Pretty good shoving match going on in the Yen futures early this overnight. Wonder if that portends one side throwing in the towel? I'm not.

#15     Oct 12, 2006
  6. Chood

Chood

Yen bulls again charging at my beloved dollar, this time led by Cossacks. "Into the valley rode . . . " We know how that turned out for the calvary, so I'm sticking with my position.

#16     Oct 16, 2006
  7. Chood

Chood

I’ll surrender if near-month Yen/dollar backs up to .008550. That’d make 82-tick loser of my last YEN short, taken last week.

#17     Oct 17, 2006
  8. Luke_P

Luke_P

Sorry to hear about your bad fortune. Markets unpredictable as usual. Seems like the news agencies are calling weaker dollar, late as always.

#18     Oct 22, 2006
  9. Chood

Chood

Thanks for the sympathy, although I have to tell you that news of the death of my YEN short is premature. Stop never hit. The trade is back above water, in fact, based on today's price action. But I'm glad to know commiseration is near should it go badly in the end.

#19     Oct 23, 2006
  10. Chood

Chood

Toast.

#20     Oct 27, 2006