Majority of Americans Favor Gun Control Laws, Poll Shows

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Take note ET republicans that democratic politicians aren't the only ones who restrict guns,conservative hero Reagan did and the guy most of you voted for last month signed an assault weapons ban.

#21     Dec 26, 2012
  2. hughb

hughb

BWAHAHAHAHA! Meet the Press moderator pulled out a thirty round magazine and showed it to LaPierre and asked him if it were outlawed would it not decrease the amount of carnage in mass shootings.

Small problem. Meet the Press studios are located in the DC city limits. 30 round magazines are illegal there - attached to a firearm or not.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...whether-nbc-moderator-violated-law/?hpt=hp_t3

#22     Dec 26, 2012
  3. Hope they throw the book at the SOB but he's a libturd and necessary to the cause so I doubt much will happen.

#23     Dec 26, 2012
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Well said and beyond the conversational scope, unfortunately.

The problem with the above, is most of the higher echelon bureaucrats/politicians/industrialists/bankers/wallstreet types are psychopaths. In essence, they'd write and pass laws that would make themselves second-class citizens. Psychos gravitate to power so they can live above it. Commit their crimes without fear of prosecution or redress. What better place to do it, than Government?

#24     Dec 26, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Absolutely not true, sorry bro.

Automatic weapons can be attained by dealers, ex-mil or other folks who pass the necessary checks (which are quite tough). Ex-SF guy down the road let me shoot his M4 two months ago. Was nice.

Explosives being "Banned" doesn't stop crazies from making them (fertilizer bombs, etc). A ban there is akin to the bazooka argument Red Duke was using - it's about the need for such items - no one has a use for them. If you want to hunt or protect your home, explosive devices aren't all that useful.

#25     Dec 26, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't know why little arrow is even participating in this discussion. He doesn't know the first thing about it.

#26     Dec 26, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

In the event of a ban.

1)Why do you feel it's OK for you to have "high capacity"mags but no one in the future is allowed to purchase them, legally?

2)Do you think the ban will be effective? Or will the millions already in circulation simply continue to circulate?

#27     Dec 26, 2012
  8. 1.I didn't say it was ok or that I approved,I said I accepted majority rule on the issue

2.I dont think it will stop all mass shootings but I think it will be effective at reducing mass shootings.The millions in circulation wont stay in circulation at the levels they are now as owners will keep and protect their extended mags and assault rifles knowing they cant get more

#28     Dec 26, 2012
  9. Polls show the majority of Americans are opposed to obamacare.

Somehow I doubt you'll agree to a repeal though.

Hypocrasy in action

#29     Dec 26, 2012
  10. The people had a direct vote on Obamacare last month and you know how that turned out

#30     Dec 26, 2012