Majority of Americans Favor Gun Control Laws, Poll Shows

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Fully automatic weapons are not banned. They can be owned by private citizens willing to jump through the proper hoops. The military and many large police forces also posses full auto weapons.

If I was going to tell a roofer how to do his job, I'd make a point to study roofing first. Lest I embarrass myself running my mouth about something I know nothing about.

#11     Dec 25, 2012
  2. hughb

hughb

The Firearms Owner's Protection Act bans ownership by private citizens of fully automatic weapons that were not registered before May 19, 1986. It was signed into law by Ronald Reagan. Fully automatic weapons registered before that date are still legal.

#12     Dec 25, 2012
  3. You're exactly right that it's the people. This bludgeoner turned sniper served 17 years for killing his grandmother with a hammer. In the note he left behind he said:

"I still have to get ready to see how much of the neighborhood I can burn down, and do what I like doing best, killing people."

http://news.yahoo.com/firemens-killer-left-chilling-note-deaths-3-223847945.html

But instead of working on ways to keep psychos like this locked up for good, liberals will release them and cite the shooting as another "reason" to ban "assault weapons" despite the fact that the Bushmaster he used was already illegal in NY and as a violent felon he wasn't allowed to possess weapons anyway. Which bolsters the argument that liberalism is a mental disorder itself but I digress.

#13     Dec 25, 2012
  4. You wouldn't if you were a liberal :p

#14     Dec 25, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Class 3 firearms include machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices and Any Other Weapons (AOWs).
    The tax for privately manufacturing any class 3 firearms is $200. Transferring requires a $200 tax for all class 3s except AOW’s, for which the transfer tax is $5.
    To legally possess a class 3 weapon you must complete a transfer of registration within the NFA registry.
    There are two ways for you to legally buy a class 3 gun. The first is by transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee. The second is by obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms.

#15     Dec 25, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

So if a ban is enacted will you voluntarily turn in your 30 round mags?
    Or if prior ownership is grandfathered, will you maintain possession of them?

#16     Dec 25, 2012
    #17     Dec 26, 2012
  8. 1.Yes,I'm not going to risk a criminal conviction over a magazine

2. If prior ownership is grandfathered in I will keep them

#18     Dec 26, 2012
  9. In reality it does.The Constitution has been shit on by both parties for over 150 years

#19     Dec 26, 2012
  10. Oh lukewarm, I'm doing adjusting work right now, so you can use a whole new line of insults about the work I do.

#20     Dec 26, 2012