Majority Of Americans-54% Want Health Bill Repealed; While 42% Oppose Repeal.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Mar 29, 2010.

1. It takes time for the reality of just how much of a mess Bush left to sink in...

It is about the economy...stupid.

#21     Mar 29, 2010
  2. Frum struck me as being the model of what a centrist conservative should be. He seemed to be against many aspects of the bill but critical of how the Republicans played their hand. He seemed very reasonable and logical to me. The fact that you say he's a 'tool' means that you may be a fan of the 'if you're not for me you're against me' politics that are tearing America down brick by brick. Not 100% sure about that, but it may be.
    Really? Do you really believe that's the way politics work in Washington? Do you really think that the Dem brain trust didn't know from Day One that they'd have to make those concessions, and that you start out at X and end up at X-3, but getting some of what you want in the process? You don't strike me as that naive either when posting as Dollar or even in your past incarnations.
    Ummm... really? Why do I care so much about Canada's biggest trading partner, the country that is contiguous with us, the 20th century's standard bearer for democracy and freedom on the planet, the country that is so inextricably bound up in a Middle Eastern power struggle that is breeding terrorists just a few miles down Highway 401 from me? Is that a serious question?
    So what? Are you suggesting that from your indifference to Canadian politics, we can infer that citizens of the world would be indifferent to American politics? With the power and sway that America holds in the world? The country that still makes up 25% of the world's GDP? The country that has the most massive military on the planet? The country that hundreds of millions of people still dream of getting to?

Can't understand that at all.
    Really? In my view, anyone living in a Western democracy has the opportunity to grow. I happen to think it has more to do with the individual than with the country he's living in. In fact, that's one of my core beliefs - the idea of personal responsibility for one's outcomes, but we can agree to disagree about that.

It seems that maybe you haven't done a lot of traveling outside of North America. If you had, you'd know that a Canadian's ability to grow is essentially the same as an American's when compared with that of an Iranian or a Sudanese or an Estonian.

Now that's something I do envy. I saw the Raptors the other night and I was told that the seat I was sitting in would cost me $1500 if I tried to buy it from a scalper for a Saturday night Leafs game!! Any Leafs fan that would pay that much to see such a crap team must be seriously confused.

#22     Mar 30, 2010
  3. Mercor

Mercor

88% of Democrats favor Obama and the job he is doing.
    Obama has a very strong base, I doubt he will ever drop much lower then in the 40's. he is as low as you can go unless he starts to lose Dem support.

The economy collapsed due to Pelousi and Obama. Investors always look ahead with their decision.

This is common. The last year or two of a major change in administration leads to these sell offs.
    Crash of 1987..end of Reagan term
    NASDAQ 2000..end of Clinton term
    Sept 2008...end of Bush term.

#23     Mar 30, 2010
  4. Go to realclearpolitics.com if you want to see the average of all the polls on healthcare and other such approval ratings.

There were 35 total health care polls conducted by all the major polling firms two months prior to the passage of the healthcare bill. Out of 35, only one of those polls favored the passage of the healthcare bill.

The 12 most recent polls on health care have an average of 40.7 for/favor and 50.8 against/oppose. Many of these polls simply asked whether they supported the bill, not if they supported repealing the bill.

Give it a month of polling data with an emphasis on the word repeal and you will have your answer.

#24     Mar 30, 2010